“Very Good”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lowell
Philly
“Very Good”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Quiet. Comfortable. Clean. Maybe not the fanciest Courtyard out there but good nonetheless. Enjoyed my stay.

All they need now is a Bistro.

<This text added to meet 200 character minimum..............>

Room Tip: Top floor should be quietest.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PhillyArtie
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Good evening PhillyArtie,

I hope you are doing well. I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete this on-line review of our hotel. My team and I truly enjoy what we do and providing our guests with a home away from home while traveling on the road.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to your return trip to the area.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
NYC
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is old and need to renovated now. Nice staff, but the place is old and sad. Also, my room was poor. The closet door was broken and would not stay open. Also, it was not clean -- the nightstand was dirty with sticky soda spills. Avoid this hotel until they renovate it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Good evening NYC Family T,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting the Lowell area and for taking the time to post this review. We are constantly looking for new ways to enhance our guests stay and your valuable insight always us to do just that. I would like to again sincerely apologize for the housekeeping oversight you endured during your stay with us. I have addressed these issues with my team and we are more diligent than ever to ensure each and every room is up to Marriott Standards. I truly hope you enjoy the points that were added to your Elite Marriott Rewards Account.
Thank you very much for being a loyal member of the Marriott Rewards program. We look forward to your return trip to the hotel so that we may redeem ourselves to you.

Sincerly,
Millbury, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Beautiful room! King sized bed, couch, lovely space. Convenient location. A relaxing trip. Third floor room. I did not get to try the breakfast buffet as I had to be up and out early. The room had a coffee maker and a fridge. Plus I loved the Paul Mitchell hair products in the bathroom!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Pajamakids
Michael L, Owner at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Good day,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to report your experience on this web site. We are constantly trying to enhance our guests stay and your valuable insight allows us to do just that. I am very glad that you enjoyed our amenities such as the in room fridge, coffee maker and Paul Mitchell hair products.

I hope that when your travels return you to the Lowell area, you will once again choose to stay with us. We look forward to your return and providing you a home away from home while on the road.

Thank you so much and enjoy the rest of the summer.
Castine, Maine
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Family of 4 with two young kids. Last minute booking as a layover. Booked a room with two queen beds.

The good: Staff was extremely courteous and rooms were spotless. The beds were comfortable and the towels were actual towels, not sand paper. Location was great, right off of 495 and east to find.

The bad: For the price, we did not receive breakfast. It was an extra $10.00 per person to eat in.

The ugly: The noise suppression was horrible. We could hear casual conversations happening in the hallway with our door closed. Our neighbor had trouble getting into their room around 12:00am and we heard every minute of it. The next morning, around 9:00am, they had to take a sawzall to their door.

Great for a business meeting, poor for family.

Room Tip: Get a room as far from the elevators as possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MaineInnStay
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Good day,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to report your experience on this web site. I would like to sincerely apologize for the restless night’s sleep you endured while staying with us. I can understand your frustration and disappointment in not getting a good nights rest. Please feel free to reach out to me so that we can talk further about your stay. My email address is CY.BOSLL.GM@MARRIOTT.COM.

Thank you so much and enjoy the rest of the summer.
Newmarket, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here while in Lowell to attend a wake and funeral, July 5th and 6th. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location is convenient to the Lowell connector and I-495. The breakfast is extra except for coffee and the contenintel fair. We did not eat, just grabbed a bagel and coffee as we were runninig late for the funeral Mass. The best thing about this stay was the checkout time. Its 1PM. That gave us time to finish the Mass, meet people then head back to change, checkout and head to the after party.

Room Tip: Take advantage to the late checkout
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Good day,

I hope you are doing well. I am very sorry for you and your family’s loss. I know how hard and stressful it can be to loose someone close. I am glad we were able to provide you with a clean and convenient place to rest during this difficult time.

It was our pleasure to make your stay as worry free as possible. Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I truly hope you and your family have a safe and enjoyable rest of the year.

Best regards,

Michael L.
Lowell Courtyard by Marriott
Ottawa
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My family and I travel from Ottawa, Canada to Boston 2-3 times a year and we usually stay at the Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford. We love the Hotel and the value received. The outside appearance, the fact that it is in an out-of-the-way location, the floor layout, the rooms themselves, the pool area, and the relaxed atmosphere that abounds. We especially enjoy the mornings and the buffet breakfast. The Front Desk staff are always positive, friendly outgoing and helpful.

With all this said, I do have 2 minor complaints. During weekend stays the hallways are still too noisy after 11pm with kids running around and even adults should know by now to use their "indoor voices". But what bothers us the most is the TV channel service is severely lacking. There are not a lot of choices on the dial and this past weekend we stayed here as we were attending the Bruins playoff game. Absolutely zero hockey coverage available (no NHL channel yet you have the NFL channel), no NBC Sports channel yet multiple ESPN (the Basketball channel) stations. Sat night we wanted to watch the hockey game but we were forced to leave and drive to a sports bar.

Now, maybe this seems like a small thing yet, in the past we have stayed in other Boston area hotels where the TV contained a complete selection of channels to suit everyone's needs. I realize we are only one customer but I must admit, this can be very frustrating during our stay, so I wanted to share this with you. Would it be so hard to have the NHL and NBC Sports channels as part of your TV cable package?

Room Tip: High floor, corner suites, away from the middle where the floors join.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott during this year’s trip from Ottawa to Boston. After reviewing your above comments I felt the need to reach out to you. I would like to sincerely apologize for the restless night you had during your stay with us. I can imagine how frustrating it must have been to not have a restful night only to continue driving north for such a long period of time. We strive to ensure all guests have an enjoyable stay with us and I am very sorry this was not the case.

Thank you for your insight with regards to what channels you would have liked to have seen while staying with us. I have reached out to our service provided and asked about the NBC Sports/NHL channels. We are constantly trying to enhance our guests stay and your feedback allows me to do just that.

When your schedule permits, I would ask that you reach out to me personally so that I can resolve your disappointments to your fullest satisfaction.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us while traveling through the area.
Gibbsboro, New Jersey
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Stay on the top 3rd floor because it sounds like people walking on the roof all night. This place was not built well. Convenient location. But breakfast was subpar. Eggs were dry and bacon soggy. The sausage was very unappetizing. Probably won't go back. People and service was good. Room was clean. Nothing special here.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the Lowell area. I would like to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant breakfast you had while staying with us. I can understand your disappointment and frustration with enduring subpar food. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is why we have recently changed both our bacon and sausage items on the buffet. This is in addition to eggs to order and omelets to order should you prefer those items.

I would be more than happy to discuss this incident further with you should you have the time. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can resolve this to your full satisfaction.

Thank you again for staying with us and for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowell
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford

Been to Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford? Share your experiences!