“Nice property...convenient to Lowell Connector/I-495”

Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lowell
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Nice property...convenient to Lowell Connector/I-495”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This property is your standard Courtyard and it lives up to the Marriott standards. Clean rooms, nice décor. Our room had a small refrigerator and microwave.

Parking is plentiful and convenient. Breakfast is not included (standard for most Courtyards).

I had called the hotel a few days prior to arrival to ask questions about the type of cribs they had. They use a Pack and Play and I asked for one to be in the room. Upon checking in, the desk manager told me the Pack and Play was in the room. It's always great when things go the way one hoped. Also the Pack and Play was easy to fold up and take with us when we visited relatives and to re-setup when we returned to the hotel.

One thing to be aware of is that Lowell/Chelmsford has too few hotel rooms...and it is a popular city for hockey. Weekend tournaments attract teams to this property (we had one with its own team bus the weekend we stayed). When the adults don't supervise the team members at the hotel, it can be a nightmare....if you can get to sleep to have the nightmare in the first place.

Room Tip: Be sure to pull the side and back doors closed all the way. We saw some sketchy people parked in th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JJH1764
Michael L, Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the Lowell area. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. We strive to honor all our guests’ requests and ensure they have a great stay. I am glad this was the case for you and your family.

My associates and I look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future. If there is anything we can do for your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Thank you for choosing the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Francisco
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I got this room for a business trip to Lowell. Reservations and check-in went smoothly. In-room Wifi was free and good. The room was updated and in good shape, with a fridge, single-cup coffee, and decent desk for working. Seems like breakfast should be included, but being on a business trip, my expenses are reimbursed, so who cares?
My first room was across from the ice maker, which was about as loud as a jet taking off. I complained, and luckily they had extra rooms, so they moved me to a quiet room on the other wing. The new room was quiet and I had a great sleep.

Room Tip: Suggest upper floors, far away from the ice making machine.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay here at the Lowell Courtyard by Marriott while visiting the Lowell area. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your review on this site. We are constantly striving to enhance our guests stay and your valuable insight allows us to do just that. I would like to sincerely apologize for the loud ice machine you endured upon check-in. I will be looking into this further to try and find a solution to this issue. I am glad we were able to provide you a different room in which you enjoyed during the rest of your stay.
Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels return you to the Lowell area.
Blackwood, New Jersey
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently had to make a business trip to downtown Lowell Ma. The Courtyard was clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. They had HDTV 42” flat screen TV’s. Breakfast was ~$10. and was a hot buffet. If you are looking for a nice place to stay while visiting Lowell, I recommend this Courtyard. If I ever visit Lowell again I will stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
jjlalumi
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Like most Courtyard hotels this location is clean, comfy, and conveniently located. We rented two rooms and as always the rooms were clean and orderly.
The outliers for this location were the following:
Firstly, there was an enormous amount of goose/duck droppings on the sidewalks and walkways at this hotel making the walk from the parking lot to the hotel entrance a tricky one. It may seem odd to mention, but was a noteworthy problem.
Secondly, the elevators were out for repair/replacement. Normally that would not have been an issue, but we were traveling with people who had slight disabilities making taking the stairs a bit of a challenge. Luckily we were on the second floor.
Lastly, the staff at this location was amazing. Kind, friendly, helpful, accommodating, etc…from the time that we got there until we left we were very well taken care of. They went above and beyond to help us with our rooms, luggage, dining options, questions, you name it. Hats off and five stars for sure!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is on a quiet street near Lowell, but also isolated without any walking-distance restaurants. There are a number of choices within a few minutes by car. On-site dining is breakfast only. No bar, but the front desk will sell you a bottle of wine or bottle of macro beer.

The room was spacious and quiet. However the bathroom floor was dirty (grout between tiles) and the bed had medium-depth craters. I was able to find a flat spot in the middle of the king bed.

Think that I will be staying here again, but because it's the only Marriott property in Lowell. Or I might hop brands...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike_Sea
Montreal
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was a decent-enough Courtyard, but has not been remodeled in several years, and is reminiscent of the 2000-era Courtyards, not the 2010-era Courtyards with the new interactive lobby, casual restaurant, and upgraded rooms. On the plus side, the rate is closer to the 2000-era rates.

(1) Room: Nice size, comfortable bed (but probably time to change the mattress), newer TV, lots of cable options, good work area, and coffee machine. Functional bathroom.

Free internet, as is standard in all Courtyards in North America.

(2) Check-in experience was a bit rough. Checked in on a Saturday night. The hotel was fully booked--but not fully staffed.

Just one person on the desk, who doubled as the cashier for the sundries store.

And waiting ahead of me were 3 guys who couldn't decide which of 4 choices of wine to make.

(3) Near the highway but intuitive to find. Courtyard does a good job of providing signage to direct guests from the highway to the hotel. But the State is weaker in directing drivers back to the highway.

(4) As in most of Boston, all of the nearby restaurants seem to close at 9. (No restaurant in the hotel; just Ramen noodles and snacks.) We weren't ready to eat until 9:15. Fortunately, we found a Target nearby that sold food and ate in our room. if you're a late eater like us, you need to plan ahead or you'll be starving all night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvannia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for a out of town wedding. Room was very spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. An easy 30 minute drive into Boston for sightseeing. Only downside was no continental breakfast was included. But that would not stop me from reccommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lowell
UMass Lowell Inn & Conference Center
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn
Residence Inn Boston Tewksbury/Andover
TownePlace Suites Boston Tewksbury/Andover
Holiday Inn Tewksbury Andover

Been to Courtyard Boston Lowell/Chelmsford? Share your experiences!