“Great meals at Centro”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
“Great meals at Centro”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Have been to Centro several times - both for lunch and dinner. The meals have been consistently good, menu is limited but with a variety of interesting dishes. Service is prompt, helpful and non-intrusive.

• Visited October 2013

manchester nh
“Trip Advisor helps us make a good decision”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

4 of us were going to the Lowell Memorial Auditorium for a show. Picked this restaurant solely on the Trip Advisor rating. Excellent food and service and got us out in time for the show. A great choice.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank rich t
Dallas, Georgia
“great food”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was in town for business and stopped in one night for a great pork chop. They have great service, food, and a really cool bar area.

Visited June 2013
Lenox, Massachusetts
“Great Atmosphere and Better Food!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I happened on this little place on our way from City Hall and I'm glad I did! My friends and I got easy parking on the opposite side of the street near a coffee shop, only a few steps from Centro's door.

The decor is modern-chic in blue tones, the artwork is quite prominent and unique (from a local artist) and the bar looks upscale. Not your average place by any means but not fancy either, just perfect when looking for something chic without trekking to Boston. I think it really fits well in bohemian/hipster Downtown Lowell. 4.5 Stars for Atmosphere.

Service was good, very polite and smiling always. She was very accommodating but seemed a little unsure about a few questions. 3.5 Stars for Service.

Watermelon martinis were nice, white wine was good for the price. 4 Stars for Drinks.

The food was the star of the show, and will keep us coming back! The roasted tomato soup was absolutely divine, it had to of been made with vine ripe tomatoes it was so good. The flatbread with eggplant, balsamic and arugula was unique, fresh and delicious. The side of fries we ordered was generous and perfectly crisp. Seasoned nicely with salt and pepper and served in cool cone lined with paper. For dessert the grilled peaches were amazing! They were truly one of the most beautiful and delicious things I have ever eaten. 5 Stars for Food.

• Visited August 2013
Providence, Rhode Island
“SO worth the trip!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were going to a concert in Lowell this past Friday night and having never been to Lowell, we came onto Trip Advisor to see where would be a good place to eat. Centro was #3 and the menu looked great so we gave it a try......and man, are we glad we did.

Our server Jake was awesome, attentive, funny and was great at recommending what we should try. The Watermelon Martini was perfect for a summer night. It was restaurant week so two of us tried the special three part menu. The appetizer of Gnocchi, corn, tomatoes in a white wine butter sauce was to die for. I could easily have eaten that alone for my meal. Our entrée of pork tenderloin was cooked perfectly and the garlic parmesean mashed potatoes and Dijon sauce were the perfect compliments to it.

The guys tried the chicken and peaches (very good and very rich flavor profile) and the mac n cheese and spicy steak tips (spicy but not overdone). They were very pleased with their meal as well.

For dessert the guys got the IBC Root Beer Float--the adult version with Maker's Mark Whiskey. Why have we never thought of this?!?! It was amazing.

The only part of the meal that prevented me from giving it an excellent rating was the dessert that went with our restaurant week menu. It was a fresh brulee plum tart over puff pastry with brown butter anglaise and orange whipped mascarpone. We were expecting something sweet and it was way off the mark. It was a savory dish that oddly tasted more of Gorgonzola cheese than mascarpone. It's tough because that was our last taste so it keeps me from giving the place an excellent rating but if I had just shared my husband's root beer float we would have give this place top rating!

We will definitely make it a point to go back, and to ask for Jake (a truly excellent server) and to try more of their fabulous menu!

• Visited August 2013