“Excellent food; very high end”
Review of La Boniche - CLOSED

La Boniche
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Though styled as a French restaurant, the menu is decidedly eclectic. It's a fairly short menu, but that lets them concentrate on doing each thing really well. I had the Mediterranean Lamb Shank. I love lamb shank in general, but this was exceptionally well spiced and served with mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies. My wife had the curried shrimp salmon, which she also loved too.
It's a dining experience, so they won't hustle you along. It has a nice atmosphere, but a little noisy. You can hear the bar chatter from the tables. They had live music starting at 9:00 the night we were there, which was very nice. There's only street parking available.
We found them with Restaurant.com (save $25 on a meal of $50 or more, which is an easy target given the prices). But, having discovered the place, I'm sure we'll return.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Always great food, nice atmosphere. There's a small bar area as you enter the restaurant and there are a couple different dining rooms. We went when there was a prix fix dinner deal going on and it was well worth it. Parking is on the street, or there's a parking lot a block away.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This place is excellent everytime we go, and we will continue to return; perfect just before a performance a couple blocks away at the Merrimack Repertory Theatre; always a wonderful night out!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Dinner for six totally sucked. We cannot believe that this place claims to be a French restaurant.
The food was medicore at best, the service truly sucked and the venue was akin to a NYC deli.

The duck was at best a supermarket special cooked in a microwave. I cannot say enough bad things about this place. Do not waste your money on this place!

1  Thank BostonJoka
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I loved this restaruant. It sits on a quaint little street in Lowell, and the decor is very nice. They display local artists work, which I think is a great way to support the community. The food was wonderful! I had the orange infused pork loin. There are not enough great things to say about it. I strongly suggest it. The pricing is approx 14-30 per entree & they do not have an extremely large menu, but quality trumps quantity.