“What a JOKE! Good thing I had a Restaurant.com coupon!”
Review of Fortunato's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Server: Slow
Menu: Way to many items - generally means lack of quality.

Meals: We both ordered Pasta dishes. The pasta was definitely boxed pasta. The shrimp I had in my meal was 51-60 count/lb. and it was definitely FROZEN.

Dessert: We ordered Tiramasu to go and specifically asked for no whip cream - yet when we arrived home it had whipped cream on it. This just proves that our server was very bad at what they did.

I would not have left a tip, but since I used a restaurant.com coupon I was forced to. Thankfully I paid $2 for $25 off. I bill came to $28 after discount. Of that $28 - $8 was the tip!

I would NOT Recommend this place, In fact I would go out of my way to tell people NOT to go there.

There are newer reviews for Fortunato's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed July 14, 2010

Last night my wife and I ate at Fortunato's and ordered Shrimp coctail,Bruschetta, Calamari for appitizers, We also ordered medium rare Filet and medium rare Bragiole. The service was fair, the shrimp cocktail was not devained, the Bruchetta was un-edible,the Calamari had a Garlic Aoli sauce all over. It resembled mayonaise. The Filet and Brigiole was medium to well done. The mushroom risotto was over cooked and had the appearance and taste of a Maypo gruel. Overall experiance was SUB- PAR. We spent $133.00 including tip. and would have had a better meal at wendys. We have eaten at Cintro, Ricardos and La Boniche and enjoyed fabulous meals. We will not be back to Fortunato's. If Fortunatos keeps serving such awfull food they will be out of business, as they should be.
Note: I tried to send Fortunato's this letter on their website, but my letter came back undeliverable as their mailbox was maxed out with 550. unread messages. What a surprise.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

I wish I hadn't relied on the star rating and read more reviews. It was horrible from start to finish. I have nothing good to say!

Reviewed January 27, 2010

Waited 15 minutes to be seated in a half full restaurant. This should have been a clue. Had to ask for drinks 3 times. Everything either over cooked or cold. Scallops bounced like rubber balls. Tuna - no pink inside. Not worth the effort. Called for reservations, phone went to message. Never called back? Waitress dragged her scarf across the candle on the table and set it on fire. At least the entertainment was good!

1  Thank FenwayFrank
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Excellent food, great staff, seems like the place now runs under a new management, reasonable prices, we were so happy with the dinner and prices, try there sea food picats it is awesome. Highly recommended.

1  Thank hERAO