“New owner, new menu & great food!”
Review of Fortunato's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised with a new menu and a new owner of Fortunato's. This restaurant will soon have a name change to Forty Four. They are using fresh food daily and if something runs out then it's gone. We were started with homemade hummus that was delicious. The bread that accompanied it was also very good. I had chicken parm that was yummy and a very large portion. A friend had beef stew and she thought it was real good. The prices were very reasonable. Not a huge menu but a good one. The wine is also reasonable. I will return to try some of the Mediterranean dishes.

Reviewed November 16, 2011

My husband and I have had dinner and lunch here before, standard menu/food and sometimes not so great service. We tried again because we had a Restaurant.com coupon - so glad we went back!

The menu has been completely revamped, scaled down, and immensely improved. We opted to order a bunch of apps and a bottle of wine. The prices are spot on, and the wine was a great value.

We ordered:
Nachos
Lamb tacos
Buffalo chicken tenders
Chicken kabob

Everything was really, really good. My favorite was the nachos - large pita chips with different cheeses and fresh chopped tomato. My husband loved the lamb tacos, and was surprised at the decent amount of meat we got. The chicken kabobs were really tasty as well, and you can't go wrong with buffalo chicken.

The service is great; you can tell they are really trying to overhaul the whole business. The decor was still being changed over, but we heard it would be more contemporary.

Looking forward to going back again (and again!), glad we can add this to our go-to list for local places to eat.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

My family and I visited Fortunatos on a Friday evening; there was a total of 5 other guests when we sat down at the outside dining area. Our waitress was very pleasant and explained she was training another waitress that evening. We ordered beers and appetizers. Had to ask for napkins and utensils, evidently the staff from the night before didn't do their job to prep for the next day. Appetizers were tasty but took 30 minutes to arrive (bruchetta and stuffed mushrooms). Our entrees (chicken, pasta and steak tips) took OVER 1 hour to arrive at our table. The restaurant never had more than 14 patrons during our stay...what was the chef doing? The manager, Usef, offered no apology for the delays and never gave a helping hand to the waitress who was trying to train a new waitress and wait on all the tables herself. The manager hung around inside the restaurant talking on his cell phone and picking his teeth.... We won't be going back...Don't waste your time or your money.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

FORTUNATO'S was recommended by at least 2 people at work, as they heard of FORTUNATOs via restaurant.com. and really enjoyed their dining experience. They had recommended the lobster ravioli, which I have heard was very good from multiple parties that had visited.

We went early on a Monday night to avoid the rush and the outside was very appealing. The restaurant was decorated nice enough inside, no linen tables and fake flowers on the table, but it was a nice environment for out dinner. Liz our server, although a very nice, provided good service in the beginning, but she was absent towards the middle and end of our dinner.

The calamari appetizer was good, could be a little larger serving considering it was $9.00. For our meals, the frutti de mari was drowned in sauce and had the minimal amount of seafood to pass as a seafood dish. The Veal Marsala was the better dish, but have experienced better servings at other restuarants.

For over $50 for 2 dishes and app, we expected a little bit better quantity as well as quality considering the early evening visit.

1  Thank peachykean
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Second visit in 30 days. Both were very nice meals.

My companion liked the Lobster Ravioli in a sherry cream sauce so much she had it again. Last visit I had the Tuna and Scallops with Rep pepper risoto so I tried a NY Strip this visit. Both meals were very well done. Tuna was rare, scallops tender and the strip steak done medium rare as requested. Prices are very reasonable and they take Restaurant.com Gift Certificates

Our server, same person as last visit, was excellent. Attentive, but not hovering.

We will be going back again.

1  Thank rlewan