“OK food, rude people!”

Dining options: Breakfast
Clinton, Tennessee
“OK food, rude people!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stopped here for lunch and accidentally got there only 15 minutes before close. I felt bad because I didn't realize until after I had ordered, but for the rest of the time that I was there, the workers didn't let me forget it. They were rude and the only time our waitress came to our table was to take our order and bring our food. We never got refills and she never brought the check. My water was room temperature with no ice. All of the employees loudly commented the whole time on how they wanted to leave. Our waitress picked up dirty plates from another table and then grabbed our food without washing her hands. The food was acceptable but nothing special, just burger and fries like you could get anywhere.

• Visited October 2012

Dracut, Massachusetts
“This is Breakfast”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

The Owl Diner is the place to go especially for breakfast. If you can't find an omelet that you like then you don't like omelets. They are known for reasonable prices and not skimping on the quantity. Like any busy place you can get a so-so waitress or catch the cook on a not so good day but nine times out of ten you are going to get a great meal for a great value. This is one of my favorite places to go for breakfast.

Visited May 2012
Lowell, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They need Robert Irvine! UGH..why the good reviews?”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I live in the area and have tried it 3 times each time ordering something different just to give them the benefit of the doubt, but once twice three times..OUT! Warm OJ, they don't season anything so if you dont want bland blah food then I guess you'd best skip this whole in the wall.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Harley C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a great find in the heart of lowell!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Ran into one of the guys that appeared in the movie the Fighter :) His granddaughter works there too! A great meal food was fresh and best omelette and grilled english muffin! Soooo delicious - our server she was sweet and informative extremely friendly and always smiling-

Def the only neg thing I could say is the wait for the bathroom was long for men and women.

Music in juke box great atmosphere an we were so impressed!

Boston MA
“Good Food, Great Value”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Sometimes, a friend will tell me about a neighborhood restaurant, and I am glad I was told about the Owl Diner. It's a diner, yes, but it's much more than that. It's a popular spot with the locals, and it's always busy. The Owl Diner features breakfast and lunch at very reasonable prices, and the food is delicious. I went there with several of my friends for brunch, and the three of us ate for about $20-- and let me tell you, the portion sizes were quite large. I had spinach and cheese quiche (excellent!) and my friends had omelettes. Service was attentive, and while the Owl Diner doesn't have much in the way of atmosphere, such good food and great value explains their popularity. If you're in the vicinity of Lowell, the Owl Diner is worth a visit: but be aware that they are only open until 2 pm, their parking lot is often full, and they don't take credit cards. However, given how reasonable their prices, that shouldn't be a problem. I am not usually a fan of diners, but the Owl Diner has a lot to recommend it.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Owl Diner? Share your experiences!