“a great find in the heart of lowell!”
Review of Owl Diner

Owl Diner
Ranked #5 of 265 Restaurants in Lowell
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a great find in the heart of lowell!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Ran into one of the guys that appeared in the movie the Fighter :) His granddaughter works there too! A great meal food was fresh and best omelette and grilled english muffin! Soooo delicious - our server she was sweet and informative extremely friendly and always smiling-

Def the only neg thing I could say is the wait for the bathroom was long for men and women.

Music in juke box great atmosphere an we were so impressed!

Boston MA
“Good Food, Great Value”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Sometimes, a friend will tell me about a neighborhood restaurant, and I am glad I was told about the Owl Diner. It's a diner, yes, but it's much more than that. It's a popular spot with the locals, and it's always busy. The Owl Diner features breakfast and lunch at very reasonable prices, and the food is delicious. I went there with several of my friends for brunch, and the three of us ate for about $20-- and let me tell you, the portion sizes were quite large. I had spinach and cheese quiche (excellent!) and my friends had omelettes. Service was attentive, and while the Owl Diner doesn't have much in the way of atmosphere, such good food and great value explains their popularity. If you're in the vicinity of Lowell, the Owl Diner is worth a visit: but be aware that they are only open until 2 pm, their parking lot is often full, and they don't take credit cards. However, given how reasonable their prices, that shouldn't be a problem. I am not usually a fan of diners, but the Owl Diner has a lot to recommend it.

• Visited July 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great Diner experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Clean, updated, and decorated with historical Lowell photos. Service was very nice. Typical diner food but overall, a very enjoyable experience.

Visited June 2012
Portsmouth, NH
“Dissapointed, why the hype”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

This was my 4th visit to Owls Diner. I don't see why it's so busy and has such a good reputation. The food was ok nothing special. The atmosphere is the worst. Loud, cramped, if you can't climb the few steps to get inside forget it. Parking is almost non-existent so good luck. Oh and they only take CASH so be prepared and not embarrassed when you don't have cash. Overall average place with local repeat customers I believe.

1 Thank NorthernVisitor
“Diner food but good”
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We visit the owl frequently coffee is just ok but i've been spoiled by the kuerg at home. Great french toast excellent omelets try the cheese steak, good eggs benedict, also awesome baked beans. Tbis is a very friendly, busy local spot.

Been to Owl Diner? Share your experiences!