“Delicious Buffet”

Viet-Thai
Ranked #27 of 267 Restaurants in Lowell
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My friends and I been to Viet-Thai three times in the past two months. We happened up this restaurant while walking the streets and reminiscing our times at Lowell High. The buffet items are outstanding, beginning with the soup choices. The spring rolls are home made as I've seen the same rolls at a local Asian market in Lowell for $3 for 3. Here at Viet-Thai you can have as many as you want. We haven't had any desserts, which are limited to chunks of pineapple and some sort of coconut Jello. Service is quick when it came to clean up and filing water glasses. You can't beat the price. I think the buffet if $7.50/each. A cozy restaurant that is usually filled at lunch time. We will be back again.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Every time we have a weekday off work, the hubby and I like to head to Viet-Thai for the lunch buffet. The buffet serves great Vietnamese food at a great low cost price. The offerings include appetizers such as wings, eggrolls, fresh rolls, crab rangoon to authentic Vietnamese stews, stir frys and soups. For those that haven't expanded their palate that broad yet, there is always fried rice, phad thai and lo mein available as well.

If you can't make it to the buffet, the basil fried rice is delicious. We like to get papaya salad and the wings, they go together well. The radna stirfry noodles is one of the best in Lowell. The sauce and flavor has the perfect consistency.

I would recommend this place for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

This Vietnamese and Thai restaurant located in downtown Lowell is perfect for a low budget meal. Everything that I have ordered so far has been delicious and I don't have to break the bank to pay for it. It is also perfect for college students who are sick of school food. My favorite dish is #50 but they also have good yellow curry. So if you are looking for a good Asian restaurant without breaking the bank, this is the perfect place for you!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I've tried the stir fries and also the vermicelli with all sorts of add-on bursts of flavor and this is real Vietnamese food -- delicate, not heavy, freshly-cooked and delicious. There's a good selection of Thai dishes on offer in addition to the Vietnamese.

Viet-Thai is one of many restaurants that serve the local ethnic community. Its prices are low, food terrific and service friendly. Definitely recommended!