“The worst experience ever”
Review of Pho Da Lat

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pho Da Lat
Ranked #100 of 267 Restaurants in Lowell
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Came with three friends of mine expecting to be in and out. We were all craving for pho and two out of four got soups the others got a bun dish and the other chickens wings with a side of rice. I work at a restaurant as well and know what it's like to be serving people, so when we had our waiter she was not only awkward but not knowledgable. I understand if you don't know a lot of English but here I was ordering in viet. I ordered the beef stew known as bo kho. She looked at me weird and said porkchops? That's when I started to give a little downgrading to the place. I come all the time for the Shabu and get different waiters all the time. Mind you, we had gotten asked twice within 45 secs if we wanted refills on our waters BY TWO DIFFERENT WAITERS. This place seriously needs to work on their communication management and service. Not coming back anytime soon

1  Thank Qwerty978

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was in the mood for a Vietnamese sandwich and stumbled onto this place when I was trying to find another Vietnamese restaurant my friends recommended.

First, sandwiches are not on the menu. Second, if you plan to use a debit or credit card be aware that they have a policy that says you must charge at least over $15. This makes eating by yourself during lunch is going to impact your ability to use a card because the lunch special is not going to cost enough.

The menu was large and had lots of choices. I was surprised to see General Tso's chicken, thinking this was Chinese, but maybe it's Vietnamese as well. I had a ginger chicken plate with a side of white rice. I ordered spring rolls that were okay but even better when dipped into the accompanying peanut butter sauce.

The service staff was quick but also a little irritated that I didn't know what I wanted as soon as I sat down. They must have asked me 3 times if I was ready when I was still flipping through the menu. The dining area was loud at lunch, more the fault of the crowd there at the same (ringing cell phones, screaming kids, loud talkers). There are TVs on in the dining area but this wasn't part of the noise issue. The decor was simple and plain, with tables all having plastic flowers. The place is a bit dive-y but seemed clean.

The meal was okay but not great, especially considering the atmosphere and the fact the sandwich I was hoping to get wasn't even an option. I'd suggest looking at their menu before committing to eat, in case you don't see what you want or if you plan on using a credit/debit card.

Not bad, but I still wish I had found the other place my friends had recommended.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

pho soup is same as it is everywhere around Lowell/Chelmsford but presence of 'insects' indicates large problem going on. will go elsewhere from now on

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Now, this restaurant can be easy to miss. I'm sure a lot of people just drive past it without even noticing that it's there. After all, it's a small establishment with a half-dozen parking spaces on a busy road... but it's so worth the visit. Ignore the plastic trees and "cheap diner" feel to the place -- the food is excellent. I always leave with leftovers, and, given how inexpensive everything is, the value is probably the best of any restaurant I've ever eaten at. I used to eat here once a week (if not more often!) when I lived closer, but I like to stop and eat here when I can. Service is quick, and the people are always friendly. They are open very late some nights, too, which is great if you work late.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This food was tasty, healthy, served quickly, and we would go back in a heartbeat. I had the beef pho, and I loved it. Also, Starbucks was right next door, so a perfect meal in my book!