The hotel had the best decor, professional service and the view out of all the places we stayed in Sardinia. Unfortunately all this was badly let down by the most important equipment during the summer - air conditioning.
- The view from the hotel's pool area is spectacular. Amazing view of the sea and contrasting mountain on the other side. It is well worth staying here for this view alone!
- The Reception staff are very helpful and friendly. They were very happy to provide information around Cala Gonone.
- The room and the bathroom was well decorated to a good standard. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was on par with 4 start hotels in other part of the world. In fact the windowed entrance to the balcony was so good, I would happily have the same in our house.
- Breakfast was standard affair bit slightly better quality then other accommodations (e.g. local yoghurt rather then mass manufactured ones). However the best thing about the breakfast here is the amazing view out of the terrace whilst having breakfast!
- The hotel will lend out beach equipment such as umbrella and beach towels free of charge.
- There are many choice of restaurants in the Cala Gonone marina, less then 5 min on the car.
- As already mentioned the air con was non existent. This made our stay uncomfortable as sweating away in the room at middle of the night wasn't pleasant.
- The walk back from the town was a bit of an exercise - imagine 20 min hill climb after a full dinner. You would have to be fit and healthy to manage this climb and certainly wouldn't recommend it for anyone with health problem
- Although the sound proofing was better then other accommodations in sardinia, it still wasn't exactly good.
- Cala Gonone doesn't have the best beach - it is rather shingly and not near the hotel. You would have to travel on a boat (15-30 EUR/person) to various nearby beaches. It becomes rather expensive if you did this every day.
- The prestige room only has partial side view of the sea and completely misses out the amazing view of the contrasting mountain and sea view. Bit of a poor value given the price of the accommodation.
Overall its an decent hotel, especially if you are only staying for a couple of days. For us, its not a resort I would goto for more then a couple of days.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Villa Gustui Maris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Gustui Maris
- Gustui Maris Hotel
- Hotel Villa Gustui Maris Cala Gonone, Sardinia, Italy