“Great place to eat fish and seafood”
Review of Il Pescatore

Il Pescatore
Ranked #13 of 40 Restaurants in Cala Gonone
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is a very nice fish and seafood restaurant. I had grilled prawns, scampi and lobster and it was all cooked very well. The prices are reasonable for the amount of food you get and the quality of it. The service was good and we didn't have to wait too long for a table even though we went in mid August.

There are newer reviews for Il Pescatore

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the set menu of seafood salad, seafood pasta and grilled fish for €30 and it was excellent. The pasta was incredibly tasty and the grilled fish was excellent. They didn't mask the fish with unnecessary flavours, just grilled with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon. The house wine was terrible and service was ok, but we really enjoyed the food. If you plan on going, I would recommend booking a table on the terrace by the water. We ate inside the restaurant, which was ok, but would have been much nicer to be outside in the summer.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came to this restaurant 5 years ago and had one of the best meals we had in Sardinia. We decided to return this year. We were seated at a lovely table outside and our waitress seemed lovely as well. We ordered whitebait to share to begin with and having ordered this in the UK, France, Spai and Sardinia we expected the usual small white fried fish. What we got was glorified french toast that was way over salted.

My husband went to ask as we thought they had given us the wrong starter and he was met with hostility and told that it was fried fish and egg. Our maind artived around 30seconds after we finished our starters and my tuna tasted of nothing. Not salty, not flavoured at all...nothing. Due to previous experience of what happened with the starter I just decided to leave half of it.

We theb sat for 25mins without being offered a dessert menu or asked if we wanted a coffee. We asked for the bill on 3 separate occasion until I was at the point of wanting to just walk off without paying.

Yes the setting is beautiful but if you want tasty food and to take your time, do not go here!

4  Thank littlemissplanner
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had a fantastic meal here,it was the best squid I have ever eaten by a mile.The fish was very fresh and the staff where very polite,bit of a weird setting but try it fantastico

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Very nice restaurant and good food but wished we went back to La Poltrona which we preferred out of the two. But it was good food and they had good prosecco which is always good.