“I wish I was there now”

Ranked #3 of 15 Cala Gonone B&B and Inns
Copenhagen
“I wish I was there now”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I booked this apartment because of the many positive reviews by tripadvisor members. I was not disappointed. The apartment was large, comfortable, clean and had a terrace from which we could see the sea. The kitchen was much better equipped than most in furnished rental apartments. There are many stores in the vicinity so shopping for food is unproblematic. While the main beach of Cala Gonona is only fifteen minutes on foot we preferred to drive to the more unspoiled ones a bit further afield. All the members of the Di Carlo family are warm, kind and helpful hosts. Matteo, himself, took us on a boat trip which was the high point of our three-week stay in Sardinia. He knew exactly where to take us, far from the crowds to a number of spectacular beaches only accessible by boat. There are so many things to see and do in this part of Sardinia. We will certainly be coming back.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CopenhagenFussylady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Copenhagen
Reviewed December 7, 2009

This is simply a great place with a great hosting family! I initially didn't want to write a review because I do not want everybody else to go here, but keep it to myself. Cala Gonone is a nice little quiet holiday village with stunning beaches close by and great food. Biriola Holidays is perfect since you get an appartment where you can cook yourself, and we had a GREAT terrace overlooking the whole village and the sea, so we enjoyed sitting here both for breakfast in the sun and when coming home from dinner, just enjoying an espresso and a mirto. The apartments are fairly large from what I saw and have all you need. In case you need assistance or anything you can just ask the owner and he will help you. I will definitely recommend this place to anyone and hope to go back soonest possible!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank AVJ002
London
Reviewed June 25, 2009

If you are looking for a decent, clean, no frills apartment to spend your holiday in Cala Gonone, then look no further. The Di Carlo family will certainly make you feel welcome from the moment you contact them until the moment you leave. Matteo is the man who will diligently run any queries you may have and arrange all bookings for you. In particular, he recommended an agriturismo located in the stunning gorge of Goroppo that turned out to be a winner with my crew. We savoured local specialities (5 course meals), produced in organic farms for an unbelievable price (€30 per head, including wine and other spirits).

I went there for my birthday and to get engaged with my partner. All I can say is that I enjoyed every second of the experience. Because I also had friends coming over to do some climbing in the local crags, we hired a large apartment that suited perfectly well our needs (think about 6 messy lads with loads of gear and you'll get the picture).

Biriola apartments are located in a quiet, residential area of Cala Gonone. A bit of a hike from the harbour, it is definitely targeted to adventurers and families looking for a peaceful location to rest after a tough day of sun, sea, rock and amazing food.

Part of me wants to share with you the excellent time we had at Biriola, but another big side of me would like to keep it as a secret for my future adventures in the island. I will definitely go back to the same place and I hope to have a long-lasting relation with Matteo and the lovely Di Carlo family.

• Stayed June 2009