See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 1, 2014

A real gem of a place. A family run hotel with a real friendly and genuine feel. I went out of season for a bit of peace and quiet. The owner was very welcoming. I was expecting a decent room but what he gave me was exceptional with an amazing sea view. Given that it was out of season meant restaurants and café bars were closed but there is a supermarket with a decent deli counter within walking distance and pizzas are readily available. I did eat at the hotel pizzeria on the last 2 days as the season had just started and was very pleased with the food.

The seaview rooms do front the main road however I didn't experience and noise, and infact I found it quite enjoyable taking in the street view against the back drop of the beach. Breath taking sun sets and scenery.

Very friendly people. I would highly recommend the bus journey from Alghero airport to Bosa,. it is along the coast and once again breath taking scenery.

My view is I would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We could not quite decide where to stay for our first night in Sardinia, as Bosa has so many hotels and B&B. We finally opted for the Al Gabbiano Hotel because of its position and facilities. As it turned out, we have made the best possible choice. The hotel is virtually on the beach, our room at the top floor had a terrific view, was large and very comfortable, and it had a balcony with a gorgeous view, plus a table on which we had a great pizza brought from the restaurant downstairs, accompanied by a bottle of local sparkling wine and grappa, all this whilst the sun was setting down right in front of us. The sea was so calm and beautiful, both at night and in the morning, and the breakfast was more than sufficient, great coffee, cakes, ham/salami/cheese, etc. It all worked out extremely well and very inexpensively. The picturesque Bosa is supposed to be a 2km walk - we did not verify that and preferred to drive, which we would do again, actually. And if you do, try parking before crossing the bridge to Bosa on foot, rather than driving, as there seemed to be no parking spaces in town. On the other hand, take your car to the top of the castle, where you can park for free.

Room Tip: Aim definitely at the top floor with brand new rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Its no help that its listed in the michelin. A run down place with run down people and they let you feel it. Receptionist in trainers, and a bad mood. Breakfast underground in ancient setting, and I mean it as worn down, not historic. What have they done with the money they have earned here for years? Certainly not invested in the place.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We did not expect the place to be so far from Alghero airport but that was another websites fault with their address and search criteria*. With saying that, we were delighted when we eventually got here and found our room. We had an awesome view and the room was well spaced out. I saw other people complaining about the noise but once you closed the balcony doors, it was silent. The fridge wasnt stocked up too well but had a few cool drinks. Overall I would say it is a nice place away from the hustle and bustle of Alghero.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in two rooms. The problem is that you basically have the choice between no sea view and sea view with street noise or no view at all and street noise. At first one of our rooms was in the first floor on the street and as we entered there was just a bus passing about two metres from the window, later a motocycle with unbearable noise. Luckily we could then change to another room (second floor, no sea view). The second room was in the first floor overlooking the two restaurants of the hotel and therefore quite noisy as well but at least no cars. The restaurant is not very recommendable: In the breakfast there are very limited choices and even the coffee is not really good and the dinner is of very average quality. The beach is close and every room has an umbrella and two chairs reserved at all times. The staff was quite friendly and the overall atmosphere of the hotel typically Italian middle class hotel run by a family since (too?) many years.

Room Tip: Avoid the street side!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family