See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Please avoid this hotel. Dirty bathrooms, unfriendly staff, not value for money. In addition the hotel is far away from city center and we experienced a lot of noise from the street. The receptionist and the owner lacked English skills and we did not understand what they said.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yngvar E
Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

Great welcoming place. beds were hard but great little breakfast. Happy to come back here again. Right near the beach by about 100 m. 5 min drive to old town. Bosa is a beautiful little town. Bathroom was roomy and the balcony we had was huge. rooms were also clean. Frank was helpful and friendly.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank bunner04
Reviewed October 17, 2015

Quiet, simple hotel. The owner/manager was extremely pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was great and quite substantial. The only downside was the shower -- tiny like most showers in Sardinia. We'd definitely go back.

Stayed: November 2014
1  Thank Maria Fernanda N
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We loved this hotel. It was clean, quiet, well-located and we were able to use its bicycles to ride into Bosa and around Bosa Marina. We would love to return, such was the hospitality shown to us by the locals and especially by the hotel owner.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CaroSparrowSydney
Albergo M, Responsabile reception at Sporting Hotel Stella Maris, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear guest

we hope to can welcoming you again in our hotel
Best regards

Staff
Hotel Stella Maris

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The bus from Alghero stopped for me in front of Stella Maris, and Francesco, the owner, was on the doorstep, looking to welcome me, a retired teacher, traveling solo. There's no attitude problem at this hotel. My room was small so Francesco graciously upgraded immediately. The rooms are basic, sparkling clean and bright, an excellent value. Even tho I only spoke about 20 words of Italian, he made every effort to speak his 20 words of English carefully. No communication problem whatsoever. The location on the boat marina gave me good distance for plenty of walking to the old town of Bosa, which is very interesting. It's amazing how much peaceful scenery there is to enjoy walking along the marina and the beach. If I stayed in Bosa I would miss the river, the sea, and the beach at sunset. Because it is low season I couldn't find an open pizzeria for dinner at 7:PM. Francesco phoned an order for pizza of my choosing, picked it up in Bosa, and brought it with knife, fork, and napkins to my room with no delivery charge. He refused to take a tip. I am so pleased that I booked more than one night here. Yes, I would love to come back and relax at the Stella Maris.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo