“Not all bad but not very good either”

Da Giancarlo e Rita at Hotel Mannu
Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in Bosa
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We were off to a flyer at this place, we had the mussel and lobster soup starter- one of the best dishes we had in Bosa. We probably should have left it there (we sure were full enough).

The pasta di marre was huge but way overcooked and the fresh fish had a muddy taste. They forgot about our salad and finally brought it out for us when we had all but finished our other dishes but still charged us for it. I'd try other places on the list first.

1  Thank Skau

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I don't think the restaurant deserves the rating it has now and the recommendation in the "DK eyewitness travel" guide to Sardinia. Although the place is very nice looking and the staff is friendly, we didn't enjoy the food. My veal was very stringy, my wife's lobster pasta didn't take really good neither. A bit suspicous was the fact the we got the dishes within 10 minutes from placing the order which was unusually fast.

1  Thank Maciej B
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Was a guest at dinner here with a local family and the food was fantastic - good wine selection as well.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Not very enticing from outside as its the restaurant for a 3 star hotel located next to a petrol station and opposite a supermarket.
However once inside its a great restaurant, the fish was excellent, which at the end of the day is what its all about, the service very efficient and helpful. (I have read some of the other comments that indicate its not very tourist friendly and I didnt find that true here but I do speak Italian and my wife is Italian, which always helps)
We ate primi and secondi with a good vermintino and paid about 70 euro

Reviewed March 21, 2008

The worst part was not that they added 13,50€ to the bill of a lunch for 2, but how terribly they treated us when we complained about it. We ordered a dish of calamaris to share, spaghetti with clams and risotto with seafood. When we asked for the bill, we saw that the price of each of the main dishes had been increased in 2€ and that there were 2 dishes of calamaris instead of the single starter we had ordered, so double of the price indicated in the menu. The waiter accepted without apologising that the price of the main dishes was incorrect but refused to let us pay just the starter we had ordered because we had already eaten it. This after having tried to convince us, with no success, that in fact they had already discounted one of the portions because the whole price of the calamaris would have been 36€. The menu clearly indicated "calamari fritti 9.50." No comments. Then the waiter invited me to go to the hall to meet "il direttore" if I still was not happy with the amount to pay. It was later when I understood how this allowed the director to shout at me and insult me without disturbing the rest of the clients. However, I'm sure everybody heard how he called me "stronza maleducata" while he yelled "when I travel in Spain, I pay what they ask me to" (I'm Spanish.) I decided then to ask for the complaints book. This only made things even worse, with the director holding one of my arms, his other hand raised and shouting at me if I was trying to eat for free. The waiter was also extremely disrespectful to us, saying lovely things as "who do you think you are to complain" and "if you don't have enough money to pay just leave." The funny thing is that before we could even imagine the terrible scene we would have to suffer, we had already regretted having chosen this place for lunch as the food was too salty to be enjoyed and the decoration really tacky, with pictures of old fashion landscapes and plastic flowers among other beautiful details.

My worst experience so far in a restaurant and the only bad incident I had in my, apart from this disturbing episode, wonderful holidays in Sardinia.

6  Thank gilberta_swann