1,853 results
All reviews le dune le palme pasta every night kids club on site half board il leccio fish olbia airport hired a car mini club horse riding baby dance ice cream year old son young kids
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Abundant quality food is worth the stay alone and plenty warm-hearted service people make it really pleasent and relaxing. The resort itself is a well maintained garden and the shows at night complete the atmosphere. The beach is two steps away and there our kid enjoyed the windsurfing lessons very much. Amazing snorkeling excursion with the diving school. Ideal resort for families.

Room tip: Rooms at the first floor are better. In some places rooms might suffer at night the noisy fan of the heat exchanger on the outside.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank GianKyoYu
delphinahotels, Direttore at Resort & Spa Le Dune, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Dear Guest,
we wish to thank you for your review and for the kind words of appreciation about our services.
It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and we will be surely happy to welcome you again in the future, positive that we could offer an even better experience.

Thank you again for your feedback, we will be happy to welcome you again soon at Le Dune Resort.
Regards,

Reviewed September 20, 2018

I have traveled the world, currently live in the US where "Customer is King" but I was pleasantly surprised that the staff of this location not only lives by it but excels at it! For different (good) reasons during my stay I had dealings with the Front Desk, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Food & Beverage and even Management. All, with no exception, came out with flying colors with an overall 10/10 score not only impressive but hard to obtain based on me being very picky (nobody is perfect) and very attentive to the detail.

I can HIGHLY recommend this location and look forward to going back again next year since this is their last week before the end of the summer season and we were not able to experience it to the fullest extent (i.e. 6 different restaurants on site).

The only area of improvement I noticed and reported to Management was the keeping of the grounds that in many areas was showing overgrown greenery and weeds to be contained. I received assurance that it will be addressed and taken care of by my next visit and I have no doubt in my mind it will be.

We fully enjoyed and I trust you will too!
Luigi

Room tip: Le Sabine Hotel has the newest rooms and is located in a quiet area 10 minutes walking distance.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Luigi,
thanks a lot for your words of appreciation in regards to our facilities, service and location.
We’re glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and we're so thankful to know that we are doing a great job.

We are looking forward to have you again at Resort Le Dune, so you can see by yourself the improvements we accomplished for this season.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

Whilst appreciating everybody’s tastes as being different I cannot understand how it has so many positive remarks.
The complex is nice and suitable for kids however overpriced and rooms not up to any 4 star standard by any means.
Some of the staff is nice and helpful but the on s to avoid are plenty!!!
Location is by the beach but that’s about what I think is good about this place.
If I had to mention the bad, then this website will run out of space.
Helpful hint - Do not judge the hotel rooms by the images as they can be misleading.
WiFi is a golden commodity you will ONLY find in extremely limited areas.

Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank edtheg

Dear Guest,
Thank you for having chosen Resort Le Dune for your holiday.
It is difficult to understand why you experience in our Resort was so negative, and we are sorry you preferred not to do talk with us during your stay about your disappointments. It could have been for as a possibility to improve and we could fixed immediately the situation so you could enjoy positively you holiday.
We apologize for not being able to fulfill you expectation and for the attention and courtesy of our staff was not able to win you over.

We would love to welcome you again to our Resort and we hope we’ll have the chance to offer you a better service.
Best regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We spent a week of August at Le Dune - me and my wife and our two boys, aged 9 and 10. We stayed in Le Rocce in inter-connecting rooms on half board. We enjoyed what we felt were the good things about the hotel/resort, but were annoyed by some aspects of it.

Having read a number of earlier reviews on here, the first thing I would say is that this is NOT a resort for couples without children. A few reviews moan about it being impossible to escape folk with young kids. I think that is true, but I don't think that is a flaw, as the hotel markets itself strongly to families.

The good things about the resort were the variety of swimming pools and restaurants (although almost every restaurant has a different policy about surcharges and what is and what is not included, and that is just tedious). We had some really lovely food at the restaurant at La Sabine, and at the Sardinian buffet. The Romantico (the a la carte restaurant by the Rocce pool) was sweet, but the main course portions were mean and the lamb dishes consistently over-cooked in a way that felt as if they were being reheated.

The Junior Club for boys our age was a disappointment, as our two were the only kids who did not speak Italian, and, with the best will in the world, it made it very hard for them to participate. While the staff spoke English, they were keenest to pander to the Italian children, and ours felt unwelcome.

The major problems we felt were:

1) Check-in takes for ever. It is inexcusably slow. We arrived tired from our flight and a long, windy drive from Olbia airport. I was asked several times for my 'voucher' - which, because I had booked direct, did not exist. Eventually we were led to the Le Rocce reception, and then waited 20 minutes while one other customer was checked in.

2) The rooms are fine, but little more than basic. Not really a 4 star standard. And - incredibly - they do not have Wifi. While you can learn that from the website, it did not occur to me that a four star hotel in the western world could conceivably not have wifi in 2018. This was a HUGE blow.

3) There is a strong sense that the hotel is run for the convenience of the staff, and the guests must fit around this. This shows most particularly in the bizarre and VERY irritating way in which you have to pay for your incidentals. Instead of signing a bill to be charged to your room - as in every other hotel, certainly of 4* standard - you have to put money on an in-resort payment card, which you then present at every bar, restaurant, ice-cream shop, etc. If you run out of money on the card - or it stops working - you have to head back to one of the reception areas. One day I had to do this, and the reception phone lines were down, so they could not charge my credit card and top up my card - and were shoulder-shrugging about how I would therefore get lunch. This system is insane.

The last thing I would say is that the resort is nicely landscaped and was fine for children our age. But it is full of hills and steps, and you should think very carefully about coming here if you have children still dependent on push chairs.

Overall, while we enjoyed aspects of this resort, it is expensive for what it is, and we certainly won't be returning.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank DominicB
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Le Dune is a really well-conceived and well-managed resort hotel. We stayed there with four children ranging from 10 to 14 and everyone had a good time. The food that was included with our half board package was consistently excellent, we broadly followed their suggestions for which restaurants to visit each evening and the variety was good. It wouldn't normally be our thing to go to entertainment shows which were organised for most evenings and, whilst they were probably targeted at older kids, we really enjoyed the energy and uncomplicated fun. There are plenty of swimming pools and it was never challenging to find nice spots to sit on the beach of by the pool, even as a group of six. Finally, we really enjoyed being able to play tennis, football or archery every day, free of charge. There are certainly smarter and more sophisticated luxury family resorts, but Le Dune has been one of our favourites and we would thoroughly recommend it to others

Date of stay: August 2018