“Perfect family resort!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Badesi
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Perfect family resort!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We are staying at the resort right now. We are a couple with a 13 months baby. The room is spacious and with a terrace. We are just missing a bath tube. But we are happy there. The resort is huge with many pools and restaurants. There is a small place where you can make food to the baby. There you can find fruit, biscuits, milk, microwave... All you need for your baby!!!
The service is really good and they always try to satisfied you.
If i have to say something bad will be that th music during the night it's quite loud, actually a lot. You can't almost speak to each other while having a drink. We can also hear it from the room, which is a bit annoyed when having such a small baby. I don't understand why they gave us that room so close to the main square when having a baby. But it's ok!
We are enjoying our stay her!!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Paddyjaime

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed July 19, 2012

If you're even considering this location and you're planning a nice relaxing family vacation I highly suggest it. I didn't know how it was going to be at the beginning but as soon as we got there we were greeted nicely and our bags were brought directly to our rooms. We stayed in Ginepri in the rooms in the "200"'s it was the perfect location! Around us were pools just about everywhere and for lunch we had the choice between to amazing restaurants! I'm 15 years old and I tried more sports on that vacation than in all my life, I started off with Archery where I participated in a contest a few days later and got in 4th place which was amazing, windsurfing, volleyball etc. I think this is a great location for family vacations and there were a lot of people of various age groups. Overall I would like to say: Best Food: Indian Night, Scorfano (fish location) & Il Romantico.. If you're wondering about the different people I would say there are a lot of international people although there are also a lot of italians. WI-FI service in the lobbies with nice "work rooms", nice shows in the evening and a lovely piazzetta. Not to mention the sea was a 3 minute walk away. I felt like in a small town with just everything you need. My favorite personal: Ruffino & Filippo.

Room Tip: I would suggest Ginepri area it was very close to the beach but at the same time close to the "...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Alexandra P
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were a group of 6 adults and 1 toddler, staying for a week at Sabine hotel. Had a lovely time, the rooms, food and facilites were all fantastic as was the service! Our little boy had a lovely time and even though we've been back a few weeks he is still talking about the holiday.

The spa is well worth a visit for a morning of pampering and relaxation.

Only slight negative are that the paths and grounds around the Sabine rooms could do with a tidy, as they were looking a bit wild!

Over all a brilliant holiday and we wouldn't hesitate to go back!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Mich1406
London
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We staid in 'Le Sabine' - which is the newest and supposedly quieter part of the resort. the rooms are fine, nothing special but ok. Beds and pillows are quite uncomfortable. There is no internet in the room - only in reception and you have to pay after the first hour. the room was very clean and the cleaner keep it at that standard for the all length of our stay.
Despite asking for a very quiet area our room wasn't quiet at all: we could hear the music going on until 11.30 every night. Facilities for babies and children are good but the beach is very average. Don't trust the pics you see on their website! You need to cross a road to get to the beach - the resort is NOT on the beach as they make you believe. We were tempted to book at 'La duna bianca' which is directly in front of the beach and I am SO glad we didn't because the building looked awful and it was on a road not on the beach as I understood from their website.
If you want to stay in the first 2 rows at the beach you have to pay (15 euro a day!) otherwise you have to sit in the back rows.
We went for an all inclusive option - food is ok if not pretty bad at times. The pizza restaurant was probably the worse one...pizza was awful, we couldn't even finish it. The only nice restaurant is 'Scorfano' where you have to pay an additional 12euro each. Even breakfast wasn't great (to put it nicely).
Be aware that each room has its own hot water tank - which means it runs out pretty quickly. On our first night my husband had a cold shower so I called reception and I got told that we simply finished our allowance. I couldn't believe it (it's a 4 stars resort!!!!! This has never happened to us...even in the middle of the Ocean or in a 1 star hostel in Ibiza we managed to have a hot shower) so we timed it the night after: hot water runs out after 15 mins so better be quick if you are a family! It could have been an issue with our room but the couple of times I was in receptions I over heard lots of people complaining about it too. I asked the receptionist to report this to the manager and I dind't receive any apology or even a call back offering to move room.
On top of all of this we left our daughter favourite toy (an old and very dirty winnie the pooh) in the baby changing facility while we were preparing her bottle and remembered about it 10 mins after - run back and it wasn't there. We called reception asking if someone from the staff has picked it up and they told us that if it wasn't there someone would have stole it and to be careful not to leave any toy around as they were disappearing all the time. My husband was shocked and couldn't believe it.
Finally if you are a couple this place will probably be a nightmare came true! I spoke to few people without children and they were having the worse holiday - even if you love children you probably wouldn't want to spend your holiday surrounded by screaming kids.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank spostatialondra
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We booked late for the half term break and were very pleased with this holiday village. The range of different styles of hotel means that couples/families/business conferences can all be well catered for. The range of swimming pools was excellent and the weather was hot and sunny most days. The sea on this 8km long beach is great for swimming most of the time - but we did have two days when the red flags were up so we used the pools instead. The restaurants were good with a huge range of choices (even for someone like me who doesn't eat wheat!) and we had no trouble booking them but it would be sensible to book your evening meal location early in your stay in high season.

This is a very popular holiday complex with Italian families and for us it was a plus to feel we were abroad rather than being surrounded by English families. Most of the staff speak ok English - better than our Italian anyway. Since we stayed during the English (not Italian) school holidays, most of the families had pre-school children so we didn't use the kids clubs as it didn't look much fun for our Junior school age kids to have to mix with much younger children. We used some of the sports equipment - tennis, volley ball, sea kayaks etc - which was all in good order and plentiful.

Some of the evening entertainment was geared towards younger children so not of interest to us but the pre-and after-dinner musicians were professional and easy to listen to. Our room was quite close to the main piazza so quite noisy until the music stopped around 2330 but as we stayed out most evenings this was not a problem.

Worth noting that the roads from the airport are very windy so not great for anyone who gets travel sick.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main piazza if you don't want the entertainment noise at night
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Prague
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We choose the hotel because we usually stay in next village and know the place and we had already experience from another hotel from this chain - torreruja.
The place is quite isolated so there are not other restaurants or shops nearby. but we had HB so no problem at all. As I wrote in other review we always go to Sardinia by car as it's a MUST to travel around /the nature, beaches../
The resort is big, divided into several parts. We stayed in Le Rocce part. The room was nice and big enough, the bathroom big and modern.The only problem was that the room was dark, ground floor, a little bit "sank". But after Arbatax park resort it was a paradise. We were walking all around the resort and noticed that most rooms looks dark . Even on the second floor there were plants in front of them. perhaps it is a purpose to make more private environment?? I personally prefer a lot of sun.
The real problem was that you could hear a lot of noise from apartm. above. So if you go there ask for upper level!
However, the resort is well maintained, very good service, polite co-operative staff. There are 8 different restaurants and we really enjoyed it. We often go to Italy and love italian food and I can say that the food was excellent. We usually prefer apartments as we prefer going to the restaurants of our choice but we had no objections against anything.
The beach is big and nice but we went to other beaches too. /you must in Sardinia/. As it is said in other review it's true that there are many more romantic beaches there but this one is also very nice and good alternative to many small romantic beaches which are often overcrowded in high season.
I think I won't go there again but it's only because I know Sardinia very well and we usually stay in very nice apartments and when you go with the whole family and friends it's much cheaper and comparable quality. And if I went only with my husband again we would chose more intimate hotel. But the food.....
However, we enjoyed our stay a lot and I just wanted to point out some cons which can be prons for others.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Daniela N
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed October 18, 2011

It was the second time when we spent out August vacations in Badesi Mare.

This time we went with a family of our friends. It takes some efforts to get there from Kiev! But it is worth applying efforts.

The location gives a perfect chance to free you mind. The rooms - we chose family suits - were very simply but absolutely comfortable. The disappointing point was a heating system from the nearest restaurant starting working closer to 7 pm.

We made reservations of all the restaurants for the whole stay (9 days). Unfortunately one can not do the reservation in prior so that the 1st night should be spent with an ordinary buffet.

Water sports give a good chance to practice to those who like it free of charge.

Children could be kept busy the whole day with animation service which is perfect.

Don't forget to spare a few days for excursions. We went to Corsica and it was worth the money spent! The impressions were next to fantastic.

See you there next time :-)

Room Tip: Just pray :-)
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Badesi
Hotel Marinedda Thalasso & Spa
Hotel Relax Torreruja Thalasso & Spa
Resort Valle Dell'Erica Thalasso & Spa
Resort Valle Dell'Erica Thalasso...
#1 of 25 in Santa Teresa Gallura
Hotel Capo D'Orso Thalasso & Spa
Family Life Baia di Conte
Family Life Baia di Conte
#1 of 1 in Porto Conte
Chia Laguna - Hotel Village

Been to Resort & Spa Le Dune? Share your experiences!