“Plentiful, affordable Sunday buffet brunch, friendly staff, TVs everywhere”
Review of Tavern In The Square - CLOSED

Tavern In The Square
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I arrived for buffet brunch here at 1:40 pm. Even though the brunch closed at 2:30, the many tables were fully stocked and the food was good. There was a station with omelets made to order, plus two kinds each of poached and scrambled egg dishes, pasta, a very good shepherd's pie, some Mexican-style dishes, potatoes, sausage, pancakes, fresh fruit, yogurt, and lots of dessert choices. We liked the things we tried. I would have happily eaten more shepherd's pie if I'd had room. My orange juice wasn't included, but was reasonably priced and in a large glass with a free refill. Our upbeat and helpful waiter stopped by to tell us when the buffet was about to close, so we could make a last run for food if we wanted. There were lots of people there, but we were seated right away. The place is fairly big. It's a sports bar, with big TVs all over the place, all showing NFL the afternoon we were there. I could see this being a fun place to gather with friends to see a game. $17 a person felt like a good price for a good brunch.

There are newer reviews for Tavern In The Square

Reviewed November 20, 2013

All three of us enjoyed our lunch meals....Buffalo Mac & Cheese, Chicken Pot Pie, and Truffle Mac and Cheese. Portions were huge, had wonderful leftovers!!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The food is good but prices are a little high for what you get. It's a typical sports bar with lots of tvs and a large bar. Brunch was ok, nothing special. I would recommend the seasonal sangrias.

1  Thank Brittany W
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I had been walking all day touring the Boston area and were looking for a lunch place. We found this place and had an excellent meal with great service! Salad was wonderful!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Went on a Wednesday night for dinner, so it wasn't very crowded. Our waitress was very attentive. Typical sports bar. The place has decent food and is reasonably priced, but it's nothing exceptional. Not a bad place to end up for dinner, but not a place to seek out. There is outdoor seating.