“Very tasty food, but terrible service at Gran Gusto”
Review of Gran Gusto

Gran Gusto
Reserve with OpenTable
Gran Gusto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 627 Restaurants in Cambridge
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Newton, Ma
“Very tasty food, but terrible service at Gran Gusto”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I just had a disappointing experience at Gran Gusto. Based on outstanding online reviews, I invited friends to join me and my wife for dinner. The food was very good, but the service was horrible. At first, we were seated under a dripping air conditioner and asked to be moved. We were then reseated and served our meal in a relatively timely manner. My dinner was the seafood stew which was quite tasty, but had a small portion of seafood (one scallop, one shrimp, six baby mussel shells (two of which were empty), two baby calamari, and a piece of fish) for the $27 price. We were not approached by our waiter after that. Once the meal was over, we were totally ignored. We might have considered coffee and dessert, but we sat for over a half hour after our entree dishes were cleared, and nobody came to our table. I finally waved down another waiter to request our check. Again, I was somewhat pleased with the food quality, but very disappointed with the service.

• Visited July 2012

“A wonderful find and pleasant surprise”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Have always wanted to go here and finally did. Pretty crowded but we got a table outside. Have a few outside which has a very nice feel. Our server was one of the owners and was excellent. The appetizer was a special of speck, arugula and stratchiatella cheese - fantastic! Two very good entrees - I had the risotto and my girlfriend had the lobster on pappardelle. SHe is gluten free and I have to say, the pasta tasted like regular pasta and was cooked perfectly. The wine list was excellent albeit pricey but we found a fantastic $40 Valpolicella. People rave about the pizza and we hope to go back and try it. If you are gluten free, call the day before and they will make it for you. I highly recommend Gran Gusto - was a very good experience overall at a very reasonable price. We will definitely be back.

Montana
“One Hot Mess”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

My recent experience at Gran Gusto was just a mess. The dining room was over-seated with chairs crammed in so tightly moving around was next to impossible. Because of this our server was too busy to refill our drinks, etc... and was robotic in her service.
I had the Lasagnetta and it was very bland and undercooked. My partner had the Fettucini ai Porcini, which was also blend and very, very al dente. The Spinaci salad I had was just ok. My partner had the calamari-which he liked.
Considering that the ambiance was nil and the food was mediocre I will not be dining here again.

• Visited May 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Little Italian restaurant. 5 stars!!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

My family and I went out to dinner today to this elegant and fancy Italian restaurant. The atmosphere, food, and service where awesome. The food very tasteful and delicious. We had three waitresses attending to us. The soft shell crabs and calamari where a hit for our family and as well the sorrentino pizza. This is our new place now to eat dinner. By the way, the owner himself thanked us for coming. Overall we gave it 5 stars!

1 Thank LouBoston89
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“The best pizza (period).”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We have probably eaten every item on the menu by now, but we keep going back for the pizza -- toothsome crust, sweet tomato sauce, stretchy mozzarella, fresh basil. The pasta dishes are outstanding, too -- the unique sciallatielli with seafood, the squid ink spaghetti with baby white fish, the eggplant lasagna... Or for something different the broccoli rabe and white sauce pizza. Or come when the black truffles are in and have them grated onto pasta or pizza at your table. Mmm. I am getting hungry just typing this.

• Visited April 2012