I selected this location due to its proximity to the T Station and relatively reasonable cost for the area (though it was still quite costly…). The hotel itself appears to be a much older facility heavily remodeled. The lobby looks very fresh and to my surprise when I stepped into my room it too looked very modern and recently updated; it looked just as good as the lobby. The room was good sized with a sofa bed in the front plus a bed in the regular spot. The bathroom was smaller but still relatively functional.
The staff seemed to try really hard to go the extra mile to be helpful but I couldn’t help but notice they did not seem overly enthusiastic. Still, they were helpful and went out of their way to answer questions about the area when asked, and I really appreciated that.
Parking is a bit of a wreck. There are maybe 30 parking spaces directly on the hotel’s lot then across the street next to the Shell there are another maybe 20 parking spaces that you can use for the hotel. I question how secure the overflow parking is but I did not have any issues. Parking is free. I am not sure about the review that says parking costs $5… the website says it is free and when I got here they told me it was free.
They also have a little wheel to spin for Priority Club so you can get some extra points on your stay, which is a nice touch.
The surrounding neighborhood did not look the best, but it seemed fairly safe. I walked around pretty late at night and never felt unsafe nor did I see any people loitering around the surrounding blocks that appeared to be up to anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Located minutes from downtown Boston on the Green Line of the 'T' Lechmere Station, close to MIT, Harvard University, Museum of Science, TD Banknorth Garden, Patni Corp., EF Foundation, Kendall Square, Massachusetts General Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilition Center and Massachusetts Eye and Ear, and only 3 miles from Boston Logan Airport (BOS), our hotel is the perfect location for visiting the Boston/Cambridge area. We offer a complimentary American breakfast, featuring our famous cinnamon roll as well as a variety of hot foods. Sit back, relax, and enjoy our Great Room, with 24-hour coffee, complimentary cookies at night, and high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the building. Our convenient location and commitment to service make us the best value in the Boston/Cambridge area, so book now and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express. Contact the hotel directly for packages that'll save you money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Boston - Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Express Cambridge