We booked this room through a third party and got a great price and still received beyond great service. When we first arrived we were told that an early check in was absolutely not an option and were very disappointed since we had events that evening that would mean we wouldn't be able to check in until after midnight. As it turned out they staff put in extra effort and were able to get us into a very nice room. Ralph is exceptionally friendly and helpful, going above and beyond to ensure we were comfortable: offering local dining (in or out) suggestions, transportation options etc. Our room was recently renovated, modern (not necessarily my aesthetic) but very smartly designed. Lots of outlets, a rare find in most hotel rooms. Our room had a separate bedroom with a Queen bed and separate television and a small lounge area with a pull out sofa bed, television, mini fridge and microwave. Comfortable bed and pillows. The hotel is very close to the T, just a couple of blocks down the street. The public transportation system is fairly easy to navigate in Boston but we did find that it was a little more time consuming coming back late at night. Also near the hotel, within walking distance there is a shopping plaza with a grocery store, package store, McDonalds, Marshall's and a drug store. Very convenient. Breakfast was included, typical of HIE, eggs, sausage, potatoes, bread/pastry, fruit, cereal etc. Of course the traditional HIE cinnamon rolls too. On our last evening there we ordered in and the hotel provided a nice list of places that would deliver. The list even included staff recommendations and was well rounded: Pizza, Sandwiches, Italian, Chinese, Thai etc. The place we chose from the list (and I can't recall the name) was fantastic, great food, great prices, quick delivery. Internet was included and worked without a hitch. The one suggestion I would have for the Management is to have the elevator inspected soon....the inspection expired a year ago and though it seemed perfectly safe it was odd that the numbers didn't go above 6 even when getting off on the 7th & 8th floors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Located minutes from downtown Boston on the Green Line of the 'T' Lechmere Station, close to MIT, Harvard University, Museum of Science, TD Garden/NorthStation, Patni Corp., EF Foundation, Kendall Square, Massachusetts General Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilition Center and Massachusetts Eye and Ear, and only 3 miles from Boston Logan Airport (BOS), our hotel is the perfect location for visiting the Boston/Cambridge area. We offer a complimentary American breakfast, featuring our famous cinnamon roll as well as a variety of hot foods. Sit back, relax, and enjoy our Great Room, with 24-hour coffee, complimentary cookies at night, and high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the building. Our convenient location and commitment to service make us the best value in the Boston/Cambridge area, so book now and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express. Contact the hotel directly for packages that'll save you money. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Boston - Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Boston - Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Cambridge
- Holiday Inn Express Cambridge