Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Cambridge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Charles Hotel(Cambridge)
$299
  • Pool
Royal Sonesta Boston(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$213
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
$179
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$319
$259
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Le Meridien Cambridge - MIT(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$175
$140
$127
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$169
$159
  • Restaurant
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefront deskfull size fridgekitchen areasofa bedkendall mitsmall kitchenfree breakfastkendall stationan extended stayoatmealmake your own wafflesan updateminute walkparking garagecorner roomlongfellow bridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 15, 2009

I was a guest at this hotel in early May 2009.

About one hour after checking out, I realized that I had left about $1,200 worth of jewerly in my room, so I beat a hasty retreat back to the hotel. Upon being shown to the room again, I found that my jewerly was gone.

The only people that had access to the room after I'd checked out were hotel staff, but they simply pleaded ignorance and management hid behind the Inn Keeper Statute.

I can not recommend that anyone stay here. The hotel was nice enough with good location, but security and integrity leave a lot to be desired.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank Woody048
Reviewed May 4, 2009

3 of my colleagues and I were attending a grueling week long course in Cambridge and the Residence Inn saved our lives and sanity. The rooms were spacious and spotless, allowing us to work and relax comfortably. Beds were great, and the free breakfasts and even free dinners a few nights a week saved us time. Front desk staff were always friendly and gave us great recommendations for restaurants in the area. We so enjoyed the respite of the Residence Inn after our long, boring days.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 28, 2009

My husband, teenage son, and I stayed at this hotel last Saturday. My first warning is about the parking. The hotel does not own the parking garage and it is therefore very confusing to deal with. You can have a "parking pass" for in and out convenience, but only on a first come basis. They were out of them when we arrived. Make sure if you do get one NOT to take a parking garage ticket. It is not very clear how the whole thing works. So, just beware. Later that night, after the New England YMCA swim meet and dinner we got back to the hotel to go to bed and found downright dirty sheets. You could actually feel the grime like someone wiped a boogery slimey nose all over the sheets. The hotel was very apologetic and came to change them immediately, but did not compensate us on the bill. The front desk clerk was going to leave the manager a detailed note, but we never heard a thing. When I mentioned it at checkout the girl just smiled and basically ignored me. The breakfast was very good, but the area is very small and crowded, at least on a Sunday morning when we were there. Bottom line, I think there are better places one could stay.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank OHLobster
Reviewed February 24, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in the two bedroom apartment with our friends and I have to say that it was not cheap. Over $300.00 per night including parking. We had a full kitchen, pull-out sofa and TV in the main room and each bedroom had a queen bed,TV and a full bathroom. Very nice and big apartment.
Great area for students, walking distance to MIT. Actually we did not expect so many people in the hotel this time of the year. Hotel has a nice hot breakfast (included). Pool is not heated and the hot tub was not hot enough. Parking behind the hotel, very close but you must go outside. Not very convenient during winter. Outdoor parking $30.00 per night.
Not much to see around the hotel, except for all kinds of school related buildings, such us MIT. The hotel is located in the student village. It is located close to downtown - $15.00 taxi ride. If you have your car, I would recommend to park the car and take a taxi. You will save time, money and a lot of grey hair. Boston is one of the worst cities to drive. Also, the internet directions usually do not work. One wrong turn and you are screwed. In overall not a bad hotel and it's location.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2009

My son and I needed a convenient place to stay while touring the MIT campus. This was an ideal place to stay -close to MIT and to the T station to get around and sightsee. The hotel room was spacious, comfortable, and worth the price especially compared to other hotels in the area. It is off the path of major restaurants, so it was extremely convenient that they had breakfast each morning. After we ate, we took the T and were off for the day. Very knowledgeable front desk personnel to help us figure out where we were going and how to get there.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)