“Don't Leave Valuables in Your Room Here” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Boston Cambridge

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Residence Inn Boston Cambridge
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
Boston
“Don't Leave Valuables in Your Room Here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2009

I was a guest at this hotel in early May 2009.

About one hour after checking out, I realized that I had left about $1,200 worth of jewerly in my room, so I beat a hasty retreat back to the hotel. Upon being shown to the room again, I found that my jewerly was gone.

The only people that had access to the room after I'd checked out were hotel staff, but they simply pleaded ignorance and management hid behind the Inn Keeper Statute.

I can not recommend that anyone stay here. The hotel was nice enough with good location, but security and integrity leave a lot to be desired.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Woody048

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

3 of my colleagues and I were attending a grueling week long course in Cambridge and the Residence Inn saved our lives and sanity. The rooms were spacious and spotless, allowing us to work and relax comfortably. Beds were great, and the free breakfasts and even free dinners a few nights a week saved us time. Front desk staff were always friendly and gave us great recommendations for restaurants in the area. We so enjoyed the respite of the Residence Inn after our long, boring days.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2009

My husband, teenage son, and I stayed at this hotel last Saturday. My first warning is about the parking. The hotel does not own the parking garage and it is therefore very confusing to deal with. You can have a "parking pass" for in and out convenience, but only on a first come basis. They were out of them when we arrived. Make sure if you do get one NOT to take a parking garage ticket. It is not very clear how the whole thing works. So, just beware. Later that night, after the New England YMCA swim meet and dinner we got back to the hotel to go to bed and found downright dirty sheets. You could actually feel the grime like someone wiped a boogery slimey nose all over the sheets. The hotel was very apologetic and came to change them immediately, but did not compensate us on the bill. The front desk clerk was going to leave the manager a detailed note, but we never heard a thing. When I mentioned it at checkout the girl just smiled and basically ignored me. The breakfast was very good, but the area is very small and crowded, at least on a Sunday morning when we were there. Bottom line, I think there are better places one could stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank OHLobster
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in the two bedroom apartment with our friends and I have to say that it was not cheap. Over $300.00 per night including parking. We had a full kitchen, pull-out sofa and TV in the main room and each bedroom had a queen bed,TV and a full bathroom. Very nice and big apartment.
Great area for students, walking distance to MIT. Actually we did not expect so many people in the hotel this time of the year. Hotel has a nice hot breakfast (included). Pool is not heated and the hot tub was not hot enough. Parking behind the hotel, very close but you must go outside. Not very convenient during winter. Outdoor parking $30.00 per night.
Not much to see around the hotel, except for all kinds of school related buildings, such us MIT. The hotel is located in the student village. It is located close to downtown - $15.00 taxi ride. If you have your car, I would recommend to park the car and take a taxi. You will save time, money and a lot of grey hair. Boston is one of the worst cities to drive. Also, the internet directions usually do not work. One wrong turn and you are screwed. In overall not a bad hotel and it's location.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Porter, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2009

My son and I needed a convenient place to stay while touring the MIT campus. This was an ideal place to stay -close to MIT and to the T station to get around and sightsee. The hotel room was spacious, comfortable, and worth the price especially compared to other hotels in the area. It is off the path of major restaurants, so it was extremely convenient that they had breakfast each morning. After we ate, we took the T and were off for the day. Very knowledgeable front desk personnel to help us figure out where we were going and how to get there.

• Liked — close to what we came to see
  • Disliked — not many restaurants in the immediate area
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2009

I didn't think this hotel was too bad. I did only have to pay $119 a night for it though with a friends and family discount (cousin works for Marriott). My cousin and I got a queen suite room (1 queen bed, 1 sofabed, and a kitchenette). The room was spacious, probably the largest hotel room I've ever seen in a Marriott. It was nice to have the full size fridge for leftovers. We did not use the kitchen to actually cook anything of our own because the dishes and silverware that were supplied were very dirty. Kind of disgusting actually. I also did not like the fact that no glasses were provided on the bathroom counter. Well there was one glass on the counter; it probably came from the kitchen cabinets, so who knows if it was clean or not.

My other major complaint is that this hotel is sort of noisy. My cousin didn't have any problems because she is a heavy sleeper. But I was woken up multiple nights in a row - the first night by the people in the room next to us at 1AM. I could hear them turning the door knobs and turning the water on and off as plain as day. The 2nd and 3rd nights I was woken up by the group of people across the hall from us. They were obviously young people partying (drunk) late at night. One of the nights they came back at 3AM and were fighting - yelling up and down the hallway. I've never heard people swear so much in the hallways of a hotel. I called the front desk and thankfully I heard them come up in the hallway 10 minutes later to tell the people to be quiet and maybe to stop fighting? I understand that any hotel could have such disturbances but the point is that the walls are so thin in this place that you hear everything.

Also, the staff at this hotel is not too friendly. One of the older ladies can have a real attitude and doesn't help too much when you ask for places to eat. The hotel needs a concierge.
The cleaning lady had a note out on our table saying that she would help us with anything. The next day I left a note for her asking her to pull out the sofabed and put blankets and sheets on it. We came back to the room and this was not done at all. The note was crumpled up on the floor instead.

The good things about this place is that it is really close to the Kendall T stop. Kendall is only 2 stops from Harvard and 1 stop from Boston. I also liked the fact that the hotel provided a rather large breakfast each morning. I didn't try any of the hot items, but the cereal, fruit, waffles, and drinks were good. Free internet and printing is also one nice thing about this place.

Would I stay here again? Yes if it was priced under $200 and it was a spacious suite room. I don't think I would stay here though if it was just a normal hotel room.

The location, inexpensive cost, and spaciousness of the rooms make this place worthwhile. The paper thin walls and unhelpful staff are the biggest downfalls. If you can get beyond those things then you should have no problem staying here.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff and Noise
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank am5
Holmdel, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2008

Just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. We had a one-bedroom suite which was very nice. The suite is nicely decorated with a living room with a pull out sofabed, a kitchen area and a seperate sleeping room. The living room and bedroom each had a TV which was very nice. The buffet breakfast was nice. There was plenty to choose from hot or cold. The hotel parking is $22.00 per day at the garage right behind the hotel only about a 1 minute walk. The area is nice, more of a corporate park feel. There is Legal Seafood right across the street and there is a Starbucks attached to the hotel right outside. The "T" is about a 5 minute very easy walk to the redline, Kendall Square stop. This is a good hotel for the money. The location is about a 5 minute "T" ride to downtown Boston for alot less money. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family