Harvard Square Hotel
$158
$134
Official Site
  • Restaurant
All reviewsharvard squaregreat locationkennedy schoolfree coffeecan't beat the locationsmall hotelshort stayfront desk staffwalking distanceacross the streetbed was comfortablebusiness triplobbycarboneparkinguniversityboston
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had a three-day business trip to Harvard and wanted to stay in Harvard Square due to its proximity to Harvard University. You basically cannot stay in Cambridge for less than $200 per night, so searched based on location. Harvard Square Hotel turned out to be the perfect solution. Many great places to eat within a block or two and within a short walk to most of Harvard University.

Room was functional, if perhaps a bit smaller than most "big box" hotels these days. No real amenities come with this room (i.e. no in-room coffee or daily newspaper), but there is a for-pay coffee bar in the lobby. Staff is very friendly and efficient. Will definitely stay in this hotel when I am next in Cambridge.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Harvard Square have a great view of the area, which I would recommend.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed here when visiting Harvard this summer and really enjoyed it. The front desk staff were absolutely super. The lobby is bright and welcoming and although the room looked straight out of an Ikea showroom, it was comfortable, clean and cheerful. The hotel couldn't be more conveniently located, just a few moments away from the restaurants, shops, colour and cacophony of Harvard Square, yet quiet and utterly peaceful.
It's not a luxury hotel but it doesn't pretend to be. Giving it five stars as it is real value for money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This hotel is well placed for access to the whole area of Cambridge and to the transport systems for downtown Boston. The staff were all very friendly and helpful both with matters relating to our stay and with general advice on the area. The rooms were very clean, tidy and comfortable and providedwith free wi-fi. Although drinks could be bought fom the reception area we would have appreciated those facilities being provided in our room but that is only a very minor complaint and did not detract from our very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: For a view of the nightlife in the square specify a front room - you get good outlook but the noise level is also very low.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I just stayed here for a conference. The accommodations were wonderful. Very clean and modern rooms. Great location for exercising, shopping eating. Close to T stop. Friendly and courteous service. Highly recommended for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask to look out on the main street, not the 'back'.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was staying in this hotel from 7th till 9th of September 2012. Everything was great: room was tidy and cozy, stuff was friendly and I estimated the hotel as a high quality option for accomodation. And then the story I'd like to share has happened: before check-out I have left my passport and several credit and ID cards in the safe in my room and have completely forgot about it. After a week when I have called the hotel in a desperate hope to find my belongins every stuff member I've spoken to has been polite and helpful. Nobody has blamed me for the trouble, which my absent-mindedness was a reason for. Ultimately manager David H. (hope I remember his name right) has found my passport and cards and has returned them to me safe and sound. I cant's express how much I'm grateful to every stuff member and especially to David for solving my problem so professionally. I'm a russian citizen, and I can say that to loose a russian passport is a total disaster; it takes a long time (and costs pretty much a fortune) to restore it because of official red tape. It was a close call so to say. Thus one more time MANY THANKS to David and other hotel emploees who were involved in the story! Such an extreme situation is a great opportunity to evaluate the quality of service on its merits and I'm glad to tell that the Harvard Square Hotel has shown the highest loyalty to me as to a former client!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo