WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Harvard Square Hotel

Harvard Square Hotel
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice and clean, contemporary and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I just stayed here for a conference. The accommodations were wonderful. Very clean and modern rooms. Great location for exercising, shopping eating. Close to T stop. Friendly and courteous service. Highly recommended for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask to look out on the main street, not the 'back'.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was staying in this hotel from 7th till 9th of September 2012. Everything was great: room was tidy and cozy, stuff was friendly and I estimated the hotel as a high quality option for accomodation. And then the story I'd like to share has happened: before check-out I have left my passport and several credit and ID cards in the safe in my room and have completely forgot about it. After a week when I have called the hotel in a desperate hope to find my belongins every stuff member I've spoken to has been polite and helpful. Nobody has blamed me for the trouble, which my absent-mindedness was a reason for. Ultimately manager David H. (hope I remember his name right) has found my passport and cards and has returned them to me safe and sound. I cant's express how much I'm grateful to every stuff member and especially to David for solving my problem so professionally. I'm a russian citizen, and I can say that to loose a russian passport is a total disaster; it takes a long time (and costs pretty much a fortune) to restore it because of official red tape. It was a close call so to say. Thus one more time MANY THANKS to David and other hotel emploees who were involved in the story! Such an extreme situation is a great opportunity to evaluate the quality of service on its merits and I'm glad to tell that the Harvard Square Hotel has shown the highest loyalty to me as to a former client!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Teror, Canarias, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is really amazing, and the service is great. I was staying here at the beginning of the school and the service was really helpful with me, they helped me to find a place to stay, they make me feel like I was in home. I´m from Spain. The person who works there are amazing and wonderful person. I love this place. The location is awesome( in the middle of harvard square) I can´t wait to stay there again. I have never seen this service and the amazing accommodation in other hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

The Harvard Square Hotel is an awesome place to stay. It's located within walking distance from anything from good restaurants to shopping, to a walk around the beautiful campus of Harvard. It's also steps from the Boston transit system 'T'. The hotel is clean. The bed was huge and so comfortable! The staff is very polite and helpful - service with a smile. Parking is convenient and free, although the spaces were a little tight. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Christian O M, General Manager at Harvard Square Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear guest,
Your comments are certainly greatly appreciated!
Thank you for staying with us, looking forward to have you back soon
Christian -
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I visited the Harvard Square Hotel and loved it. While everything about Boston reflects the past, this hotel has a certain l style that looks to the future. The modern design of the room and bathroom was something I had never seen in a hotel. Really cool. Yet right outside the window was historic Harvard Square less than a block away. And the fact that we could open the window and allow the sounds and smells of the local shops drift in to our room was also really cool. This is a unique and very comfortable hotel with a cordial, professional and prompt staff. I would highly recommend the Harvard Square Hotel. Instead of a nice stay in Cambridge we had a memorable one because of the hotel we stayed in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michael m
Dear Michael,
Our entire staff is very appreciative for your response in TA regarding the services and the experience at the hotel. Thank you
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed for the first time at Harvard Square Hotel this past week! From my arrival to my departure I felt like I walked into any Five Star Hotel I have stayed at! I was greeted by a staff that not only were impeccably dressed but smiled and made me feel special and best yet at home.
Then I was taken to my room to find a surprise as it was very European accommodations and an amazing bed! I am all about 'the bed" and comfort! The room was clean and pristine.
I will stay here every time I am staying in Harvard and would recommend it to anyone looking for a special and warm hotel to stay!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Anniebelmont
Dear guest I will be very pleased to share your comments with our staff. Their dedication and hard work shows in our guests’ comments. Thank you again for staying with us.
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel is in a great location but if someone told me this was a converted student residence, I would believe them.

The rooms are tiny and outfitted with cheap-looking furniture that stains easily (white table with yellowish liquid stains were in my room) and the bathroom has only marginally functional appointments. The sink is barely 2 inches deep getting the user wet every time the tap is turned on and the shower head emits a pathetic dribble that can only wet either the left or right side of your body.

Housekeeping was another area of concern. I keep my room neat, wipe up the bathroom and keep my processions in good order - there is nothing for housekeeping to beyond change sheets and towels when they get to my room. However, I stayed an entire week and the bed linens were never changed - I know this because I recognized a particular stain on the bed sheet throughout my entire stay - I don't expect fresh linens everyday but every two or three days seems reasonable. All they did was tuck in the one corner of the bed spread I disturbed while sleeping. The change of towels also seem suspect - after using a towel with a distinct tear and clearly draping it over the sink for changing, I noticed that the "fresh" towel I reached for the next day had a very similar looking tear so I am left to assume that they just refold soiled towels rather than provide clean ones. Toiletry provisions were also meagre as only one small bar of soap was provided all week long for me to use both in the shower and at the sink. I even had to go down to front desk when I ran out of toilet paper to request more and bring it up myself. Finally, when housekeeping left everyday they would turn the AC off, (did I mention I was in Cambridge during a heat wave?), when I returned each day my room was so stuffy and hot I had to blast the air conditioning to achieve a small level of comfort.

Overall, the housekeeping was the most objectionable and the rooms are nothing to write home about but the hotel is not a dive and should be sufficient for anyone who doesn't care for service or ambience. The one thing that can't be beat is the location - Harvard Square is right at your doorstep.

Room Tip: Request something away from the elevator - elevator doors creak when closing and slams to fully clos...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank trappedinhell
Dear Guest, I personally addressed your concerns and your experience with our entire housekeeping department. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I’m sorry we did not meet your expectations. I would like to invite you again to stay with us, on your next visit to Cambridge.