“Superb Service - Centralized, convenient location.”

Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City
“Superb Service - Centralized, convenient location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

Hyatt Cambridge was a pleasant stay. The front-desk staff accommodated us well and our room was larger than most for a standard room. The hotel is situated with easy access to downtown Boston. We had a great time and will definitely return. They do have a huge renovation underway and I'm certain this will be one of the classiest hotels in Cambridge / Boston when their renovation is completed! Do stop by the top floor for their Charles River ballroom with spectular views of the river and the Boston skyline.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
MichaelHickeyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this review, December 14, 2009
Hello,

Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay. As you mentioned, we have begun a multi-million dollar renovation of our guestrooms. We would love to welcome you back once renovations are complete. Please feel free to contact me at 617-441-6400 or by email at michael.hickey@hyatt.com and I will personally handle the details of your stay.

Michael Hickey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montréal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2009

I had the chance the get a last minute rebate at this hotel in June (I reserved one day before arrival) so my husband and I paid 120$ for 1 night in a King size bed room. We arrived late since we were visiting family and left early in the morning but the room was clean, the service was fast and professionnal and the bed was very comfortable. We didn't really have the opportunity to use others hotel services but I know this area is very nice (close to Harvard Un.) and when we had breakfast, a lot of people were jogging and walking by the river. Now, the breakfast, we never had a breakfast like this in a hotel, it was table service for coffee, eggs and omeletts and a large self-serve buffet with a lot of fresh fruits, eggs, meats and cereals, yogourt... You could easily skip lunch with such a breakfast! I would definitily recommend this hotel and will go back next time we visit!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Hello,

Thank you so much for the review of your stay in June. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the breakfast buffet. We would love to welcome you back the next time you are in the Boston area. Please feel free to contact me at 617-441-6400 or michael.hickey@hyatt.com if I can be of any assistance to you.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2009

This hotel was not up to our standards for a Hyatt. The rooms were old. It was very easy to hear the noise in the lobby. The staff was friendly but not near transportation.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
MichaelHickeyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this review, December 9, 2009
Hello,

Thank you for the review of your stay in August. You will be happy to know that since your stay we have begun a major renovation, set for completion in April 2010. Currently, we are on track to have renovated rooms back in circulation by mid-January. We would love to welcome you back once our renovation is complete. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance to you. You can reach me at 617-441-6400 or by email at michael.hickey@hyatt.com.

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2009

Some recent reviews have criticized this hotel on its room appearance and service. We had a delightful experience yesterday (nov 24, 2009.) Our room was very clean, well furnished, and overlooked the river. I understand that renovations are to start immediately, so future reviews should be even better. Service was excellent - responsive and very friendly. Perhaps previous somewhat negative reviews got this hotel moving in the right direction. the only note is that this hotel is not near Harvard Square, much closer to MIT. Parking is $21 with AAA discount, internet cost is $13.00. Based on one night's experience, I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2009

Delightful stay. I was hesitant, secondary to the reviews, and only told my husband as we entered the lobby we should check the room prior to check-in. He observed the lobby, the level of service from the valet and the reception staff prior to check in and said it would not be necessary and he was correct. We were impressed. The hotel was immaculate, the food was delicious, and the staff was receptive to our requests. They staff met our requests for particular service and seemed very eager to please and they did. We will recommend this hotel for those visiting Cambridge. I would also recommend the riverview balcony rooms and the breakfast. The only con is that AFTER I booked the non-refundable room, there was the $35-38 parking fee. But would stay again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
MichaelHickeyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this review, November 23, 2009
Hello,

Thank you very much for the review of your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you were so pleased with our staff and facilities. We aim to provide the highest levels of customer service to our guests and are happy to hear that our staff is delivering on that promise. We will be beginning a major renovation on November 27 that is currently scheduled to be completed in Spring, 2010. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back. Please contact me at 617-441-6400 or by email at michael.hickey@hyatt.com if I can be of any assistance to you.

Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2009

My son and his wife and my husband and I stayed at the Hyatt during Harvard Freshmen Parents Weekend.: October 22-25. We got our reservations for a great price through Priceline. The week before we left on our trip I went on this website to check out the amenities, etc.of the hotel. I began to read the reviews and became very worried because the majority were so bad! It was definitely too late to change hotels so after a few days, I just decided to call the manager and ask him about all the reviews. He was extremely nice and understood my concerns. He told me not to worry that he would look out for us...and he certainly did. Our rooms were wonderful. They were clean, roomy, and well appointed. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. After having dinner at the hotel the first night; we found it so good that we all ended up eating there every night. After a full day of walking all over the Harvard campus, the bar and the dining area was a great place to relax. The waitstaff was wonderful and we found the prices of the dinners and breakfasts not out of line with what we are used to paying in our homestate of Louisiana. The next time we are in Cambridge we will certainly stay at the Hyatt again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
MichaelHickeyGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this review, November 20, 2009
Hello,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact me the next time you plan on visiting the area and I will personally handle your reservation. You may reach me at 617-441-6400 or by email at michael.hickey@hyatt.com.

Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

The service at this hotel was great, and friendly. We didn't have any problem overall it was pretty good stayed for 2 nights didn't have any problem at all.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are always delighted to hear when a guest has enjoyed their time with us. We would like to welcome you back the next time you are in the Boston/Cambridge area. Please feel free to contact me at 617-441-6400 or by email at michael.hickey@hyatt.com if I can be of any assistance to you.