Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
Charles Hotel(Cambridge)
$299
  • Pool
Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$207
$189
$178
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Boston Marriott Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$307
$249
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$168
$159
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Le Meridien Cambridge - MIT(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$155
Orbitz.com
Kendall Hotel(Cambridge)
$218
  • Breakfast included
Courtyard Boston Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$207
$169
2,592 results
All reviewscharles rivershuttle servicezephyr restaurantfree shuttlehotel shuttlebalcony roomfenway parkharvard squareriver viewbreakfast buffetparking garagehealth clubmemorial drivecab ridefitness centergreen linemit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I thought that a hotel so close to MIT would be technologically tricked-out with things like free WIFI and USB ports for charging electronics, but I was wrong. I had a view of the Great Dome, but it was mocking us the entire time.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2014

Hello, MaryCT286, We appreciate your comments and have taken them to our leadership committee. As mentioned, our location is well-known for our scenic views of the Charles River and Boston skyline, but we are also quite close to world renown colleges and universities, including MIT, Harvard and BU. We've recently implemented #hyattu, our version of prompt and authentic hospitality meant to drive innovation and adventure for both our business and leisure travelers. Please email us during your next stay and we promise that it will be worth it! All my best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed August 22, 2014

A slightly older property, but maintained pretty well. The views from the higher rooms facing the river are nice. Rooms are otherwise pretty standard. In-room amenities were limited (no fridge or microwave) and TV and tiny coffee maker were pretty much garden variety offerings. The in-house restaurant and room service are little pricey for what appears to be pretty standard hotel restaurant fare. As a result I have not tried them.

Overall, it's "just OK". Especially considering the Hyatt Regency brand and the price. That said, it is competitive rate-wise for the area. The location is also "just OK" -- not right in the heart of Cambridge, nor that close to Boston proper. There's a good deal of walking involved.

Specific pros:
- Great health club/pool/workout facility.
- Their shuttle service is good going from the hotel to any of the 3 standard stops they make. Although, at times, there appears to be some confusion between the hotel doorman (who offers the shuttle to guests as if it's a taxi) and the shuttle driver (who is just trying to make his rounds).
- Starbucks on-site

Specific cons:
- The shuttle's pick-up service is unreliable. I have been left stranded waiting at the Kendal/MIT station.
- The Location is roughly a 10-15min walk from "off-campus" food, and probably 20min from the closest T stop. So if you don't have a car, and don't want to take taxis, and aren't going near one of the shuttle stops, you will be walking quite a bit.
- $13-15/night Paid WiFi is just a ripoff for a property of this price/quality. If they had provided free Wi-Fi, they would potentially have gotten another star from me. Oh well.

Room Tip: Definitely get a view overlooking the river/city. The view of the hindquarters of the MIT campus is not as picturesque
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Hello, Andy T, As a business traveler we understand you have a number of choices for your accommodations. Thank you for selecting Hyatt Regency Cambridge as your home-away-from-home. I regret that you experienced a few opportunities during your stay and would love to welcome you back for another chance to wow you with our reliable and authentic hospitality. Please be in touch during your next trip to Boston, and we'll do everything we can to turn you around. All my best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

I was at the Regency for Business travel, a two week period. And to be honest it was not a good travel. When you are working and away from family, the least you would like to find is a hotelroom that don't fits to what you'r expecting.

I'm a Hyatt Gold Member with more than 60'000 visiting points, so you can imagine that I travel a lot on Hyatt Hotels. But let's come back to this experiance, I requested a Suite (upgrade with points) and a refrigiator 9 weeks prior to arrival and it was all confirmed.

However when I arrived I was placed in to a small 375 Square Feet room with no Refrigiator. I'm someone like many others I belive who can't stand to trink warm beverages. I need to trink a cold wather or a cold coke when I'm coming in from a long business day. Instead I needed always to take the Ice bucked 2 floors down or up, because the Ice Maschine in our floor was broken for 2 weeks!!!! And this wasn't funny. Asking the Consierge and Housekeeping did not help too, the same thing they said everyday: "you are the next on the list" since the first day! Comm'on!!!!

Now let's say it this way:

335 USD at night for 14 days at a total of 4690 USD for beeing as far as 2.4 miles from Kendal Square and 2 miles from Boston, no Refrigiator, small room and not beeing able to save the information to put me on a suite. I can't give to it more than 2 stars.

It's difficult for the management of this hotel to do more, the distance is to far, the employees don't keep information and the rooms are "old" they need to be renewed.

So next time... it will be another hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Hello U201526, thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge. On behalf of the entire management team I would like to apologize for the disappointment you experienced. We strive to provide each guest with exceptional service and a memorable stay, unfortunately for you that was not the case. We would like to learn more about the inconveniences you faced, if you have time please reach out to us directly, qualitybosrc@hyatt.com. Thank you again for your review and we hope to hear from you. Best, Sarah.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Pleasant check in and into a room with a superb view overlooking the river - and the rest was badly downhill thereafter. A worn out hotel that impacts negatively on the Hyatt brand. Carpets dirty, decor past its sell by date, and service modest at best. This was summed up at breakfast where guests were queuing to sit down in spite of free tables because left overs had not been cleared away promptly.

There is something amiss with most of the hotel staff and their training and one can only surmise that the management of this hotel is simply not up to the task. A shame as the hotel's location is OK though not convenient for downtown or major Boston sights.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello, Donald F, Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. It concerns me that we were not able to live up to our Hyatt brand during your stay. My sincere apologies! Rest assured that your comments have been addressed. Our location will remain the same, with the same amazing views; however, this winter we will embark on a complete renovation in November. Please do come back and visit us, again. Should I be of any assistance please do not hesitate to reach out to me at qualitybosrc@hyatt.com All my best, Emily

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We spent two nights at this hotel in a room with a balcony overlooking the foyer. The best part of the room was the view overlooking the river with joggers and rowers. We can recommend the hotel, the friendly staff and the buffet breakfast. Cambridge was easy to get around and close to the Metro for a trip into Boston.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JIB2014
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

JIB2014, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy our friendly staff & breakfast buffet as well as the perfect view of the Boston skyline from your guestroom. Next time you visit, be sure to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle connecting you to convenient Cambridge locations. We hope to welcome you back, soon! Best, Emily qualitybosrc@hyatt.com