Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
$359
  • Pool
$229
Very Good 4/5
Hampton Inn Boston / Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$176
$161
$170
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Le Meridien Cambridge - MIT(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$205
  • Restaurant
Boston Marriott Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$229
Official Site
Kendall Hotel(Cambridge)
$199
  • Breakfast included
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$168
$159
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Boston Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
$189
2,588 results
All reviewscharles rivershuttle servicezephyr restaurantfree shuttlehotel shuttlebalcony roomfenway parkharvard squareriver viewbreakfast buffetparking garagehealth clubmemorial drivecab ridefitness centergreen linemit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed 2 nights for a conference in Harvard. The hotel is mid way between downtown Cambridge and the Harvard Business school. The staff was nice and helpful. The breakfast is ok not more, it is better to go downtown.

Room Tip: Take a room on the 12th floor at least above the 8th floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hi Isab10027, Thank you so much for your review and for choosing Hyatt. We know that it can be hard to find a decent meal on the road, and strive to make sure that each person is completely satisfied with their food. Please let us know when you are in town next; we'd love to welcome you back with an outstanding meal! All my best, Sarah qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel on the last day/ night, and morning before leaving Cambridge after visiting extended family there. What stood out to me as a superb quality of this hotel was the staff and service. From Amy at the front desk to the staff at the Zephyr restaurant, the service was impeccable and the staff was friendly, helpful, informative, pleasant, and attentive. The meal I also ate at the Zephyr was well prepared! The lobby atrium was also impressive, architecturally unique, and clean as well. If you're looking to be near a busy event-filled location that is easy to walk or travel to like Central Square, this is not the hotel for you. It is more isolated than those close to the area. The MIT campus is the closest attraction to the hotel. However, the hotel does have a shuttle to take anyone to a desired location and pick them up.
The personal negative I had with this hotel is the mixed situation with the room I had. In the beginning, I do admit that I arrived very early way before the suggested check-in time so the fault may have began with me. The Queen room I requested by reservation wasn't ready yet so I was generously given a choice whether to wait an hour to get into that room or receive a complimentary upgrade with a Charles River view. Because I had things to do and was aching to get on with my schedule during the day I had to get done, I took the upgraded offer. In my head, I imagined that it was going to be an absolutely PERFECT room, but it wasn't. I was situated on the fourth floor which wasn't bad since the view out the window was incredible, especially at night. THE POSITIVE ROOM ASPECTS: I really like the floorplan/ layout of the room, and how the furniture was arranged, the bed was comfortable and it and the rest of the furniture was in good condition. I liked how a guest was able to choose whether they wanted to watch t.v. from the chair of the bed, all lighting and plumbing worked well, the closet was very roomy and had a dressing table next to it, and the desktop had a lot of extra work room. THE NEGATIVE ROOM ASPECTS: the bathroom was nice, clean, and well- appointed, but it was a tad smaller than hotels with a low ceiling.There was no refrigerator. That was surprising because I was used to the idea that most hotels have or should have refrigerators equipped in their rooms. The drawers next to that empty refrigerator cabinet were not as large as usual hotel drawers which contained clothes. The decor was ok. Kind of plain colored, but it worked. The only bad thing about the arrangement of the furniture was that the desk and its chair was partially in the way of the aisle by the bed.The defects with the most impacts were that the room was clean except for dusty tabletops, finger marks on the drawer cabinets, blue marks and gouges in the wallcovering and underlying drywall of the entry foyer, the clock was hard to figure out how to set/ reset the time, and the right outer curtain rod track was falling down from the ceiling. Aside from the negative factors, the stay was good. Also because the stay was for one night only, and I couldn't really judge it too suddenly because of that, it wasn't too bad. Just not great. The service, lobby, facility, food, and the unaffected working aspects of the room helped me through the stay besides being out and visiting my family that day. If I stayed longer, I would have thought differently or had requested another room.

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the Charles river are worth it, but only if the rest of the room is fine
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Hi Max b, Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our associates. I will be sure to pass along your words to Amy as well as to our chef’s at Zephyr on the Charles, who I'm sure will be very happy to hear from you. My sincere apologies with the opportunities with your room. It is our hope that each and every guest, regardless of their purpose of stay, has a relaxing and comfortable experience, and it is feedback like yours that helps us to improve each and every day. Please be in touch should you decide to visit us again, we will make a note in your profile regarding your tea preferences. Best, Sarah qualitybosrc@hyatt.com

Reviewed March 1, 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at the Hyatt Cambridge while visiting Boston University Law School. We got an excellent deal on a room with a balcony overlooking the river and Boston skyline. Our AAA deal inlcuded breakfast each morning. The hotel itself is beautiful with a beautiful atrium like set-up. THe check-in staff and outside personnel were very nice and efficient. There is a parking fee but luckily with our AAA discount it was only $25.00 per night. The parking garage was attached right to the hotel and was very convenient and not too full. Our room was very nice and had an excellent set up around the the bathroom. There was an additional vanity outside of the bathroom with a seating area and large mirror which is something I have not seen in many places. The balcony was a waste in the winter because it was totally covered with snow and no seats were available. The one good part of the balcony ws that we used ti to keep drinks cold as the room does not come with a fridge. I understand for a fee a frdige could have been brought to the room and the space for it is already allocated. I have stayed at Haptom Inn and Suites for under a $100.00 per night that have a full size fridge and kitchen so paying extra for a place to put 4-5 drinks is rediculous. Internet is also not free which in todays day and age is pretty much unheard of. We used our cellular service rather than pay extra for this service. There is a shuttle that will take you to three different stops but do not rely on the driver to tell you the lcoation of where anything is because she was incapable of even pointing right or left. The hotel had led us believe the driver would be able to point us in the direction of the lase school from the shuttle stop but we just had to take our chances.The Hyatt also had great Pillows and a very comfortable bed
Breakfast in this hotel was OUTSTANDING and even though it was inlcuded in our package it would have been worth $25.00-$30.00 in the city. IT was not your run of the meal food. Everything was top notch including the service and view. Othere than their resaurant and little sundry there were not restaurants within a walking distance. It worked out fine for us but it is something people should be aware of. My daughter had decided against Boston Law School however if we were to come back we would stay at the Hyatt again.

Room Tip: Don't worry about spending extra for the balcony in the winter. Even the view was not worth an addtional $30.00 per night if you are not in the hotel much.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hello, Lori J, thank you so much for the in-depth review of your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge. Feedback like this is so great because it tells us what we are doing well at, but more importantly what we need to improve upon as well. We are so glad that you enjoyed as well as noticed the atrium set-up in our lobby. This is something that Hyatt is known for and implemented by designers at hotels around the world. It is great to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed the breakfast buffet; we truly have an amazing culinary team that strives to provide delicious food with natural ingredients to each of our guests. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back to Boston, soon! Best, Sarah.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The three things I remember about this hotel are: how attentive the staff were, how good the food was and - unfortunately - how cold my room was. The gym is well-equipped, well-staffed and well-maintained - with a real 25 meter pool too! The parking (for my package) was free! Breakfast was a little on the pricey side ($15-$20 for most of the options) but delicious with lots of healthy options. Dinner options were reasonably priced, tasty, served promptly, and the view was great. (our server moved our group of 5 to a window view when one became available.) Our group also used the conference facilities and we had nice snacks replenished throughout the day, and I have to say the best hotel coffee I've ever tasted. Most hotel coffee tastes like warm dishwater but every single day and meal the coffee was delicious. (What is your secret?!?) One lunch they prepared a largely vegan, gluten-free buffet as some of our group had special dietary needs. I'm neither a vegan nor a gluten-free eater but that lunch was delicious!! With two exceptions, every catering or restaurant staff who served us in the restaurant, in our conference room, and at our reception was warm, friendly, polite, and attentive. On the down side, I had a second-floor room that was unusually drafty on a cold night and had to crank the heat just to keep it reasonable. The blackout curtains couldn't block the very bright balcony lights that I could not turn off. The big TV came with a fuzzy picture. The hotel asked me about my stay on checkout and immediately noted my suggestions about the chilly room. They also sent a post-stay questionnaire. These guys know how to listen to customers!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Hello, Olivetreecanada, Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for choosing Hyatt Regency Cambridge. We are so glad that our associates were able to impress you throughout your stay with their genuine hospitality and amazing culinary skills! We are also going to take note of your suggestions and forward them to the appropriate departments to implement. Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back, soon! Best, Sarah.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency on Valentines Night. Won a night there in a suite. The suite was very nice, the view was awesome! Amenities are nice. Just gave average rating because the parking is ridiculous at $35/night. Glad I wasn't paying for room. I did mention at the desk that it was high and they reduced to $25 which was nice. Stayed in room 1032. Bed comfortable but had trouble sleeping with the traffic noise outside. We're light sleepers!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Vacagirl16, Thank you for taking the time to review your Valentine’s stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge. I am so glad that you enjoyed your night and that you loved the views overlooking the Charles River and Boston skyline! Thank you for your feedback regarding the pricing of parking. We are continuously comparing our prices against those throughout Cambridge, and will consider your feedback; however I am glad that in the meantime the front desk adjusted the price for you. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back, soon! Best, Sarah.