“Swimmers, You'll love the pool”

Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Rapids, MI
“Swimmers, You'll love the pool”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed here for a conference & was pleased to find a 25 yard 6 lane saline pool at the healthclub. The hotel staff was friendly. The double room was fine. The conference setting was very good. Free shuttle to Fenway, Harvard, etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge. I am so glad that you took advantage of our indoor saline pool and complimentary 24-hour health club. Next time you stay with us you should check out the Eucalyptus steam room and sauna after your work out! Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back, soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
El Sobrante, California, Usa
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay that was walking distance to Fenway Park. This property fit the bill perfectly. Sergio the doorman took especially good care of me from greeting when I arrived to helping me with my bags to my room and even locating my car in valet parking when I lost my ticket. The rest of the staff I interactedwith were equally friendly and gracious. It was a wonderful place to stay and I will be back.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room with a view of the Boston skyline
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the outstanding review of your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge! Reviews like this are so great to see because it shows that all of the hard work our associates put in is really paying off. I am so glad to hear that Sergio and all of our associates were able to make such a memorable impression on you throughout your stay. Thank you for your review and we cannot wait to welcome you back!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Besides the great location which overlooks the city skyline of Boston and the beautiful Charles River, this hotel is great. The rooms are spacious and clean. I would have liked a microwave to re-heat my coffee but overall i was pleased with everything about this place. The service was good, Frank at the front desk helped us find our way around and was very helpful and pleasant. The hotel parking was very costly but for us, a must. Small store on the lobby floor stocked perfectly with souvenirs and a starbucks express. Didnt try the lounge / restaurant but it smelled good. Overall I would stay here again. Within walking distance of Fenway park

Room Tip: Room 517 did not have a city view. Odd numbers face the corridor. Even numbers have the great view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Seren96
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge. I am so glad that not only did you love the location of the hotel but you also took advantage of Market on the Charles for souvenirs and coffee before exploring the city and walking to Fenway Park! Next time you stay with us you should check out the Breakfast Buffet at Zephyr on the Charles. There is a wide variety of delicious items that is guaranteed to please everyone! Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back, soon!
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Got the king size bedroom and it was fit for a king. Had a nice seating area next to bathroom. View of the river & the city was beautiful. Was in town to move in student at BU across the river so location was great. $35 per day parking I think is a bit to much for overnight guests. They do have a shuttle service to take you close by which we used a couple of times. Sign inside hotel says driver would give you contact number to call for pick-up when you are dropped off...both times we used shuttle we were not given the number. Room was quiet and bed very comfortable. Internet comes with a fee but I did not use since I had available data use on my phone plan. They do have computers in lobby that you can use to check in for flights for free, however other usage it will ask for a credit card info.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the river for great views of the city.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge. I am so glad that you took advantage of our great location in relation to Boston University and that you utilized our complimentary shuttle! I apologize that you were not given a phone number by the shuttle driver. I will reach out to our Front Desk Team to make sure they are aware of this. If you loved the view of the Charles River and Boston Skyline next time you stay with us you should dine at Zephyr on the Charles to enjoy amazing food and a great view! Thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Overall the Hyatt Regency Cambridge is in a great location, has good service and has great rooms. The location is just amazing, it is along the river and you quickly fall into Boston's running theme.

The room overall was a unique set up (I had a standard king bed) that I really liked. You enter the room and the bathroom is to the left and it is of standard size and has Kenet MD (Like all Hyatt Regency's, this is just a great amenity package) There is a closet with a nice little sitting area next to it - really helps to separate the living space from getting ready space. The room has a lot of space and good amount of desk space with a huge TV.

The bed is filled with as many pillows as one could want and everything was very clean. The noise level might need a bit of attention, I was right off the elevator which is fine, but you do hear a lot of the outside being it is an open atrium style hotel. The part that was ok and not ok was I could smell breakfast in the morning - since the gap under the door is decent size my room smelled of breakfast - fine in theory, but not when you are trying to be healthy! You do tend to hear groups of people laughing or talking loudly at the bar - but just ask for a quieter location.

The service at the hotel was good, the front desk staff was always there and pleasant although I did run into one gentleman at the front desk (Standing in the lobby) when asking a general question he seemed a bit snobby and off putting, which in the service industry doesn't fly. Tone it down my friend, be happy and loosen up.

Parking is ok, it is in a bit older garage that is tough to navigate at first where you are. I parked on 3 every time and just took one flight of stairs to go to the lobby walk way. Parking is $35 per night, which in theory is pricey - but not for the area.

Cambridge is a very neat area, a ton of runners - an if you are a runner man bring your running shoes. A run along the river and into the city with other Bostonians is just perfection. It was the happiest moment of my entire business trip. Even if you don't run go walk out there, beautiful views!

The Internet in the room was quick and of corse at a cost, but I would rather pay for a fast connection etc. I ate room service one night and it was fast, efficient and well made! The room service person was awesome!

Check out was simple and fast and the staff knows how to move a line.

Nearby the hotel, MIT is literally right behind the hotel. There is a Whole Foods and other shopping maybe a 5 minute drive from the hotel. A trader joes within a 15 min or so walk and some restaurants a bit further. Downtown Boston is maybe a 15ish minute walk and only a 5 minute drive.

Driving in Boston is fairly easy, the people know how to drive so I give them props for that. The only thing the city lacks is lines on the road, so lanes are just made up a lot so just go with the flow.

Boston is truly one of my favorite cities - great people, great food and man what a beautiful city.

Hyatt Regency Cambridge delivered and is away from all the action, but close enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a Riverview room or book one, worth the extra cost! Ask for a quieter location
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the “5-star” review! This review of our property was truly amazing to read! It looks like you received the full Hyatt Regency Cambridge experience from our great location, amazing guestrooms, and the beautiful city of Cambridge to our team filled with associates who are genuine and eager to assist! I am so happy that you were able to step away from your business trip a couple of times, throw on your running shoes, and explore the Charles River. Thank you again for the amazing review and we really hope to welcome you back soon for business or pleasure!
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night when I was stuck in Boston due to weather and couldn't fly back to home from a business meeting. The hotel is nice, but I found the people working the font desk were nice but not up to the Hyatt standard. The person who checked me in noted the machine that set the room key card wasn't working and then gave me my room card key. When I got to my room, the key card didnt work and I had to return back to the lobby and get a new key. When I checked in, I also asked that my Hyatt number be added to my reservation and gave my number to the person checking me in. When I went to check out, the number wasn't included and I had to give it to them again. The hotel room was nice but the shower head was rather low and I am six feet one inches and it almost hit my head. Maybe it was just a bad day for the staff, but when I pay $225 for a room, I have higher expectations.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the Front Desk and your room key. I will reach out to the correct departments to ensure they have the correct processes in place to make sure this doesn’t happen again in the future. If you have time please email qualitybosrc@hyatt.com to explain the experience you had in further detail, we would really love to hear from you! Thank you again for your review.
Burlington, Vermont, United States
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was there with a small trade show of mappers. The service was exceptional, the food was great, the rooms were clean, and the support staff professional and always there when we needed them. Guests are met upon entering and all the staff that I met in the lobby were solicitous and helpful. Our stay was really comfortable. I did not try the health or pool areas. Food served to the assembled attendees at all events - breakfast and lunch in the exhibit hall and the final formal dinner on the 16th floor- was excellent.

Room Tip: Hotel is a bit remote on the river surrounded by MIT, so it is best to use hotel shuttle to Harvard...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
sarah d, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding review! I am so glad that you seemed to enjoy every aspect of your trade show from the food and rooms to the excellent service our associates provided you and your group. Reviews like this are always great to see because it shows all of the hard work that was put into the event paying off! Next time you stay with us you should make sure to check out the health and pool areas that have an adjoining terrace and offer amazing views of the Boston Skyline. Thank you again for the review and we hope to welcome you back, soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Kimpton Marlowe Hotel
Royal Sonesta Boston
#4 of 20 in Cambridge
Boston Marriott Cambridge
#7 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston? Share your experiences!