“Nice review and nice location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Nice review and nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Returned to the Hyatt again for a weekend trip with my family. They've renovated more of the hotel since my last visit. This time we had a standard room with a view overlooking the Charles River. The beds were very comfortable and the room was nicely appointed. We had a problem with the water pressure (too low) in the shower and engineering swapped shower heads & it was much improved. Hotel restaurant provides a good breakfast buffet (not cheap - but good quality). Location is not for everyone - but we like it - close to downtown Boston, but also near major highways to visit friends in Boston area suburbs. Nice gym and pool if you have children. Be forewarned that for a "suburban" hotel the parking is overpriced.

Room Tip: River views are nice
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We have been to top-rated hotels all around the world, but have never received better, more friendly, helpful and sincere service than we did at the Hyatt Regency Cambridge yesterday from Noah, who was there when we checked in. There was a slight snafu with our reservation -- actually through no fault of the hotel, it turns out -- but we were inconvenienced and could not get into our room right away. Noah took a personal interest in helping us out; worked very hard to solve the problem (and did so with flying colors) and went above and beyond in ways that have created a lasting, highly positive impression. Thanks to this one person, the Hyatt Regency will be our "go to" hotel when we visit Cambridge. He deserves a big thanks from management -- and he certainly has our gratitude. He is the major reason for our 5-star rating but the room was also very nice and clean (very important to us!!); the breakfast was delicious (hot scrambled eggs at the buffet, not cold, also very important!); and everyone there was friendly. Thanks again Noah and staff!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ngs1994
Marketing M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you!! There’s nothing we like hearing more than the mention of an exceptional associate! Noah is an asset to our team and I’m so happy that he made such an impact on your stay. I have sent your review to our team and specifically to Noah’s director to ensure he is recognized for his efforts. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Reviews like this are the reason we are in the hospitality industry.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Lovely view from our hotel room overlooking the river however the staff were very unhelpful with very poor customer service. The room was fantastic, very clean and modern looking.The pool stained both mine and my partner's bathers an unsightly shade of yellow even after numerous attempts at rinsing which was a little disappointing and worrying.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had excellent stay in this hotel.

Room:

The amenities looked like new to me. The carpet was also very clean. My room was facing the Charles river, and the view was great. I also liked the interior floor plan -- a wall separated the bathroom and bedroom area. The bathtub also looked clean and new. The room was very quiet and I did not hear any noise during the night.

I also had positive experience regarding the service. The staff is friendly and helpful. I used the shuttle service, and the driver was able to pick me up within 15 minutes.

The food at the restaurant is also fine. The price is about 10% more than other typical restaurants, e.g. Cheesecake factory or Red Lobster, seemingly reasonable to me as a restaurant inside a hotel. Service is also great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marketing M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for the great review from your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge! I’m happy you enjoyed your room and our customer service during your stay. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the East coast!
Greenwich, ct
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

I spent just one week-end night at this hotel, using the points accrued.
The front desk was very professional, and I got a river room, with a nice view of Boston.
I liked the room layout, which separates the bathroom from the room, with a small office.The garage fee is steep, but the parking very convenient. The restaurant is facing the river, again with a nice view (I guess the during the good season they use the outdoor terrace too). Buffet breakfast was good and service excellent.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Was in Boston for business and stayed at the Hyatt for four nights. I'd never stayed in Cambridge before so was a little nervous about staying there as I needed to make extensive use of public transportation, but it's just a short walk over the bridge and through a pleasant neighborhood to get to the green line, and if you're not up for the walk the hotel also has a shuttle that goes to one or more of the T stops. I liked the residential neighborhood, but I had a really hard time finding any dining options within walking distance in the area of the hotel. Fortunately there were only two nights I needed to dine in the area, and on one I ate at the hotel -- food was good -- and on the other I went to Dunkin Donuts, which was the only eatery I encountered while aimlessly walking around (aimless walking around always served me well for dining in Boston, so maybe I just needed to adapt my approach here).

I stayed in a balcony terrace room, and the balcony had an awesome view and got nice sun during the afternoon. The room itself was smallish but very comfortable. Front desk staff was very professional and accommodating; there was some mix-up with my reservation, and they took care of it without delay or fuss, even enabling me to check in early.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank thehankster
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for a conference last week. We got there Wednesday night and left Sunday afternoon. When we arrived, our reservation was there, our room was ready, no issues. The rooms are very simply and tastefully decorated. I especially liked the space next to the closet with the desk - it's nice to have a small area of the room to sit down and work with no distractions (yet the bathroom is right behind you - lol). Noah at the front desk was very helpful. He had maps ready for us, a shuttle schedule for our conference and even takeout menus for us to look at from some places he recommended. If there is one thing that must be said about this hotel, is that the staff is super friendly and polite. When was the last time you went to a hotel and absolutely everyone at the staff said hi to you as you walked by? And I mean everyone. Front desk people, security, housekeepers, waiting staff, everyone was incredibly nice. We were in room 648 (not much of a view cause it's mostly dominated by a parking garage but you can see a little bit). The room itself is spacious and very comfortable. Housekeeping was on top of their game - and when the blizzard hit, the hotel informed housekeeping interruptions in a timely manner. The hotel layout makes it great for conferences - all the rooms are sort of in the same area so they're very easy to find. We didn't eat at the restaurant but we did go to the Market several times - a good place for grab and go stuff and of course, for the Starbucks fix (for those of us who need more than the room coffee cups). We had drinks at the bar and they did have a good selection of seasoned ales on tap which was nice when you live in a place with mostly Pils. The views of the Charles River and the Boston skyline are pretty stunning. Not as stunning as from the ballroom on the top floor - we got the chance to go up there the day before we left and saw a beautiful sunset. The note staff even organized movies and popcorn for the guests, since we were all stuck in the hotel. There is free boarding pass printing at the lobby which is pretty convenient for people who don't need to check bags. When the "massive exodus" started on Sunday, the doormen kept it together and helped the cabs organize - and made sure everyone needing a cab got one. We shared a cab with another girl going to the airport which was just fine.
We only had the chance of leaving the hotel once but the walk is not bad at all. We crossed over to the Boston University area and walked around a bit - there are restaurants and coffee shops around, some banks and a CVS for necessities. Our conference also had a shuttle going to Harvard Square - didn't get to see much of it but the area is beautiful. I would go back. Great first experience staying on a Hyatt.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marketing M, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your experience at Hyatt Regency Cambridge! And thank you for acknowledging the politeness of our associates and in particular, Noah’s efforts at the front desk. He is an asset to our team and I will be sure to pass online your kind positive comment. I’m glad that your first experience with Hyatt was a great one and hope that it was just one of many stays with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Boston area!