“Nice Room and great services”

Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had excellent stay in this hotel.

Room:

The amenities looked like new to me. The carpet was also very clean. My room was facing the Charles river, and the view was great. I also liked the interior floor plan -- a wall separated the bathroom and bedroom area. The bathtub also looked clean and new. The room was very quiet and I did not hear any noise during the night.

I also had positive experience regarding the service. The staff is friendly and helpful. I used the shuttle service, and the driver was able to pick me up within 15 minutes.

The food at the restaurant is also fine. The price is about 10% more than other typical restaurants, e.g. Cheesecake factory or Red Lobster, seemingly reasonable to me as a restaurant inside a hotel. Service is also great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Marketing M, Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for the great review from your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Cambridge! I’m happy you enjoyed your room and our customer service during your stay. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the East coast!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,516)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I spent just one week-end night at this hotel, using the points accrued.
The front desk was very professional, and I got a river room, with a nice view of Boston.
I liked the room layout, which separates the bathroom from the room, with a small office.The garage fee is steep, but the parking very convenient. The restaurant is facing the river, again with a nice view (I guess the during the good season they use the outdoor terrace too). Buffet breakfast was good and service excellent.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Was in Boston for business and stayed at the Hyatt for four nights. I'd never stayed in Cambridge before so was a little nervous about staying there as I needed to make extensive use of public transportation, but it's just a short walk over the bridge and through a pleasant neighborhood to get to the green line, and if you're not up for the walk the hotel also has a shuttle that goes to one or more of the T stops. I liked the residential neighborhood, but I had a really hard time finding any dining options within walking distance in the area of the hotel. Fortunately there were only two nights I needed to dine in the area, and on one I ate at the hotel -- food was good -- and on the other I went to Dunkin Donuts, which was the only eatery I encountered while aimlessly walking around (aimless walking around always served me well for dining in Boston, so maybe I just needed to adapt my approach here).

I stayed in a balcony terrace room, and the balcony had an awesome view and got nice sun during the afternoon. The room itself was smallish but very comfortable. Front desk staff was very professional and accommodating; there was some mix-up with my reservation, and they took care of it without delay or fuss, even enabling me to check in early.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank thehankster
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for a conference last week. We got there Wednesday night and left Sunday afternoon. When we arrived, our reservation was there, our room was ready, no issues. The rooms are very simply and tastefully decorated. I especially liked the space next to the closet with the desk - it's nice to have a small area of the room to sit down and work with no distractions (yet the bathroom is right behind you - lol). Noah at the front desk was very helpful. He had maps ready for us, a shuttle schedule for our conference and even takeout menus for us to look at from some places he recommended. If there is one thing that must be said about this hotel, is that the staff is super friendly and polite. When was the last time you went to a hotel and absolutely everyone at the staff said hi to you as you walked by? And I mean everyone. Front desk people, security, housekeepers, waiting staff, everyone was incredibly nice. We were in room 648 (not much of a view cause it's mostly dominated by a parking garage but you can see a little bit). The room itself is spacious and very comfortable. Housekeeping was on top of their game - and when the blizzard hit, the hotel informed housekeeping interruptions in a timely manner. The hotel layout makes it great for conferences - all the rooms are sort of in the same area so they're very easy to find. We didn't eat at the restaurant but we did go to the Market several times - a good place for grab and go stuff and of course, for the Starbucks fix (for those of us who need more than the room coffee cups). We had drinks at the bar and they did have a good selection of seasoned ales on tap which was nice when you live in a place with mostly Pils. The views of the Charles River and the Boston skyline are pretty stunning. Not as stunning as from the ballroom on the top floor - we got the chance to go up there the day before we left and saw a beautiful sunset. The note staff even organized movies and popcorn for the guests, since we were all stuck in the hotel. There is free boarding pass printing at the lobby which is pretty convenient for people who don't need to check bags. When the "massive exodus" started on Sunday, the doormen kept it together and helped the cabs organize - and made sure everyone needing a cab got one. We shared a cab with another girl going to the airport which was just fine.
We only had the chance of leaving the hotel once but the walk is not bad at all. We crossed over to the Boston University area and walked around a bit - there are restaurants and coffee shops around, some banks and a CVS for necessities. Our conference also had a shuttle going to Harvard Square - didn't get to see much of it but the area is beautiful. I would go back. Great first experience staying on a Hyatt.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Marketing M, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your experience at Hyatt Regency Cambridge! And thank you for acknowledging the politeness of our associates and in particular, Noah’s efforts at the front desk. He is an asset to our team and I will be sure to pass online your kind positive comment. I’m glad that your first experience with Hyatt was a great one and hope that it was just one of many stays with us. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Boston area!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I just spent 5 days in this hotel. It was during the blizzard that shut down the entire city of Boston BUT not this hotel. The entire city stopped, cars were ordered off the road and mass transit did not operate. That did not stop the staff at the hotel. Food was served, people were working long hours but remained friendly and very professional. I was very impressed with all of the employees of this hotel. There was a huge convention going on and everyone at the hotel were able to accomplish what they needed to do due to the quality service they received. When in Boston or Cambridge do yourself a huge favor by staying here. The staff will make your stay enjoyable. Great Job Hyatt!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Marketing M, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your positive experience at Hyatt Regency Cambridge during the 2013 Blizzard. We are extremely proud of the professionalism and dedication of our associates during this unexpected situation. Many of them went above and beyond the call of duty to help our guests feel at home during the storm and we are grateful for each and every one of them. Thank you for your wonderful comments and we hope to welcome you back under different circumstances, soon! Spring is right around the corner!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We were fortunate to spend three nights at this hotel on our last trip to Boston. The location in Cambridge was perfect. We had easy access to the city without all the craziness of the traffic, etc. We had a room overlooking the river and a beautiful view of the city-especially at night. The room was nicely decorated, clean and had all the amenities of a Hyatt. The staff went out of their way to take care of us. On the night we arrived, our home football team was supposed to be on ESPN nationally, however, for some reason, it wasn't on the cable ESPN station. When I called the front desk, they sent up a technician to check it out. When he was unable to find why the cable wasn't providing it, he switched our room to satellite tv so that we could watch our home team. That, to us was going far beyond the call of duty! We ate breakfast every morning at the hotel. The food was far better than we had expected. I am gluten-intolerant and when I told the wait staff that, they made sure there was gluten-free bread available for me! We would definitely visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Definitely worth getting a room with a view of the river!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

We appreciate you taking the time to write this great review of Hyatt Regency Cambridge! It’s always nice to hear when our associates went above and beyond to assist a guest and in this case I’m happy our engineering associate helped you catch your football game! With regards to the restaurant, we definitely try to provide a variety of gluten-free options and I’m glad you were able to enjoy breakfast each morning in Zephyr on the Charles. Thank you again for your positive feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back, soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stay at this hotel every other week. I've been doing so for over a year. Why all of a sudden the review? Ahhhh, why not? When one travels for business a lot, it's important to feel like you're home. I love this hotel. It's in a beautiful location overlooking the Charles river. You are a hop, skip and a jump from so many fabulous restaurants. Doesn't matter what direction you go in, within 1 to 2 miles you can enjoy the food of just about every country you would want. (BTW, found a fabulous tapas restaurant last week called Dali in Somerville - about a $10 cab ride away).

The staff. They are so polite and so helpful. At this point, I'm on a first name basis with most - the key staff being Diana, the breakfast hostess (she always puts me in the best location with the best coffee), Jimmy, who makes the best omelets; and most importantly Lee and Sri in the bar. The make great drinks, create great conversation, and just make it that much easier to be away from home as much as I am.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. I love the vanity with a bench, so I can sit down and relax as I put on my make up. The shower heads are to die for - you feel like you standing in a warm rain storm. What more can I say - oh yeah, the front desk staff. They know you, they know your preferences, they are always accommodating and there is no limit to what they can do to make your stay pleasant.

I really don't think I have a bad thing to say about this place - okay, just one, so you don't think this is a fake review... a couple rooms have odd thermostats that don't perform as expected, but just call to the front desk and they will fix it or move you.

Seriously folks, it's a great hotel. I've stayed in a few around the area, and this one by far is the best.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Marketing M, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review! It’s a pleasure having you as our regular guest and I know our associates feel the same. We truly appreciate all of your positive comments and have shared your feedback with our team. I know the individuals you recognized personally will be thrilled. Thank you again for the 5-star review and we look forward to your next stay!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cambridge
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
Royal Sonesta Boston
#4 of 19 in Cambridge
Freepoint Hotel
#15 of 19 in Cambridge

Been to Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston? Share your experiences!