1) Wired Ethernet did not work and engineering could not fix
2) Self-parking at $40//day is an outrage and no good NEARBY alternatives -- this is not Manhattan. No need to punish guests who are already paying top dollar to be in this hotel and location. Find a way to delight Marriott Rewards frequent customers, not alienate them before they have found the room.
3) Concierge floor lounge evening food was average for a supposed 5-star hotel -- though lounge staff was great.
On the positive side:
Views are remarkable from the high floors, staff service level was excellent and appropriate for this price category of hotel. And they also have a guest washer-dryer (relatively new machines) with free detergent for those who were poor planners and ran out of clean items.
Adjacent Champions Bar is very nice, grreat beer choices.
Location -- whether heading to Boston or Somerville from hotel -- can't be beat with Red Line outside the door.
Room needs one more sitting location (foot stool) so that 2 people could look out the window at the same time.
If you can request a high floor, river view, to watch the scullers and sailboats, highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A top choice among Cambridge hotels, Boston Marriott Cambridge is situated across the Charles River from downtown Boston and is the perfect location for your next visit to our historic city. Our Cambridge hotel is positioned in Kendall Square near popular Boston area attractions. Top universities such as MIT, Harvard, and Boston University are just minutes away, as well as Massachusetts General Hospital & the Children's Hospital. Guests of Boston Marriott Cambridge enjoy close proximity to Harvard Square, Fenway Park, TD Banknorth Garden, the North End and the Museum of Science. Our hotel is also an ideal event and meeting facility. With ten breakout rooms and 12,000 sq ft of event space, we can accommodate groups of any size. With easy access to Logan Airport, I-93 and the subway, Boston Marriott Cambridge is the ideal lodging choice for business trips and vacations in Boston, Massachusetts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Boston Marriott Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boston Marriott Cambridge Hotel Cambridge
- Marriott Cambridge