Boston Marriott Cambridge
  • Breakfast included
$174
$163
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $193/night.

$158
$355
$255
$254
$247
1,037 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungechampions restaurantcorner windowcharles riverkendall squaremit campusacross the streetsubway stationau bon painvalet parkingconvenient locationfood courtlegal seafoodhotel lobbyking bedbusiness centerinternet access
Reviewed April 28, 2014

While I regret I will not be staying here during this visit I had the wonderful opportunity to speak with Cathleen either at the front desk or PBX departments, Cathleen is a guest service super star who just a few moments of her time to help me select the right property for my stay. Cathleen was kind, professional and tremendously helpful and answered all of my questions and to wish me a lovely visit to Boston.
Thank you Cathleen, you are a super star!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Needed to stay near Cambridge, and this is really well located, but for the price I was charged, this is an OK but not special hotel. Perfectly friendly and reasonably clean, but showing signs of wear and tear, and fairly characterless.

Room Tip: Face the river for a good view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Alan S, General Manager at Boston Marriott Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Derek W:

Thank you for sharing your observations about our hotel. You are certainly right that our Kendall Square location is the perfect place to experience Cambridge and the red line subway stop directly in front of the hotel provides quick access to downtown Boston as well as Harvard Square. Since your visit last October, we have completed a dramatic renovation of the lobby and Starbucks. We have a photo shoot this weekend and we hope to add the new pictures to our website soon.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Alan

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I paid ~325 USD for room&tax per night and for this money I would expect a better cost-benefit ratio:
- WiFi was not included and was another 18 USD per day
- Neither breakfast nor any snacks were included, however, there is a restaurant & a starbucks in the hotel which is convenient
- bottled water in the room was not included. One bottle would be charged another 4,50$
- the 9th floor had a sign pointing towards a vending machine but there was none
- boarding pass printing was not included

Apart from this: the room (9th floor) was rather small, the view was not really spectacular and the concierge i talked to could be friendlier. For example, this concierge actually told me beforehand that Internet for the first 2 nights of my stay - which were paid by my company - would not be charged. But then of course they did add the costs to my private bill.

So, i a summary: good location but unsatisfactory cost-benefit ratio

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank N P
Alan S, General Manager at Boston Marriott Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear N P;

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations with regards to costs versus benefits. Our Hotel does offer a terrific location in the heart of Kendall Square, convenient to both Cambridge and Boston, along with a wide variety of amenities consistent with all full service Marriott hotels.

I am concerned that our concierge informed you that the internet was included in your rate but then you were subsequently charged. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I can correct this error as well as discuss your other observations.

Your patronage is very important to us and I hope that you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence.

Alan

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This Marriott is located so conveniently that I gave it 4 stars. The Metro (T) is right outside their front door for the Red Line. And three different tourist trolleys stop right across the street. There are very nice restaurants located within easy walking distance, and Harvard and MIT are very close, as well.

Even thought the hotel was in the middle of some remodeling, the work was done only during the day. Consequently, there was no noise in the evening when trying to relax or sleep.

There is a Starbuck's in the lobby that opens at 6 a.m. during the week days and at 7 during the weekends.

The gym, while small, was adequate and from 6 to 7 a.m. was quite busy.

We had a little difficulty with our reservation, but it was all worked out to our satisfaction by the person at the front counter.

The room was clean. Aside from the undrinkable coffee that's in the room, all was fine.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hotel perfectly suited my needs. I stayed with my boyfriend for the weekend, and enjoyed everything about it. From the moment we arrived, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant Champions on site is clean and had delicious food. Our room was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. We ordered room service for breakfast, which was delivered promptly and was very tasty. I chose to not pay the extra $30 or so per night for a room with a view, however our view was still spectacular! The location of the hotel is perfect. There is a subway station conveniently located on the property. The hotel is right next to MIT's campus and we were able to walk to Harvard's campus (although it was a bit of a lengthy walk). Overall, I couldn't have asked for more out of a weekend experience in Boston!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple