“Best and Tallest - Stupendous Views”

Boston Marriott Cambridge
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is my fifth or sixth visit to this hotel this year, and I am always eager to return. It is convenient to my work location and has sublime views whether you are in an even-numbered room (facing the river and Boston's skyline) or odd (which overlook Cambridge's vibrant research corridor). The uniquely cornered rooms provide an enjoyable view in many directions. Concierge Level accommodations are great, thought the two-story lounge gets crowded at times. The restaurants are all first-class and there are plenty of neighboring establishments if those are full/busy. BIG PLUS: Hotel management reached out via email to notify me of construction blocking the front entrance, which was a huge time saver given Boston's already complicated traffic system. Note that Longfellow Bridge is closed for the next several years, so navigate appropriately.

Finally, front desk staff are always professional and courteous, even when they are working double-duty and sending faxes or retrieving luggage. An exemplary property in the Marriott chain.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms overlook Boston and its three tall buildings; odd-numbered rooms overlook the vi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for a Red Sox game (game 6 where the Sox clinched a World Series spot!). It was very convenient to walk to Fenway so we didn't have to try to drive around Boston after the game. Check in was fast, convenient, and Raphaella was extremely friendly, courteous and helpful and gave us a room with a great view of the Charles River and Fenway park on the 24th floor. She even helped us with directions on walking to Fenway. Upon entering our room, you could just smell how clean it was. Cleanliness is a HUGE deal in my stay at any hotel, and this did not disappoint. Everything was nice and clean, from the linens to the tub. The housekeeping staff do a nice job. My only complaint was with the bed. I am a person who likes a firmer bed, so I wasn't particularly comfortable with the bed and pillows, but that's just my preference. I think many people will find the bed and pillows very comfy. The morning after the game, we asked Justin if we could do a late check-out, and he promptly said absolutely, you have until 1 p.m., which was nice since we were up so late and it gave us a chance to unwind a little at breakfast. I would definitely recommend staying here on a trip to Boston/Cambridge. Every worker we encountered there was extremely friendly and helpful and ready with a smile. Thumbs up!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was in town with family for a wedding here, it was easy to find and is in a nice location next to Kendall Square. The beds, the rooms, and staff here were nice - my only complaint is that the bathroom is configured odd and there is no fan in the bathroom. I asked for extra towels and they came up very quickly with them. The valet was great, and I really did not mind the extra $5 for valet parking - it beats walking to my car in heels in the rain! During my stay there was a fire alarm that went off at 11 PM, my floor did not evacuate and I was still awak - but I was appreciative of the note that they slipped under the door apologizing for the disruption due to the alarm going off at the nearby Chipolte. Overall, quite a satisfactory stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
CambridgeMarriott, Manager at Boston Marriott Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Angellica M.

Thank you for sharing your comments about the Boston Marriott Cambridge. I was pleased that you had a nice stay with us and was understanding about the challenges we had with regarding the alarm system at the adjacent facility. I also appreciate your honest critique of our facility. Many of our guests offer positive comments about the configuration of our bathroom. It gives guests more privacy having a door separate the shower/toilet from the vanity.

We are glad that you found our location convenient and enjoyed the hospitality of our staff.

Kind regards,
Ken Lavigne, Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed October 18, 2013

When we go to Boston, we usually stay in Boston Marriott at Copley but this time we decided to stay here as this place was about $100 less expensive if you including the difference in parking. I was pleasantly surprised by how this hotel is conveniently located. This hotel sits right above Kendall square T-stop so it's super easy to go into town or to Harvard Square.
The hotel itself is a little old but quite comfortable. People are very nice as well. We also found some good restaurants within walking distance. We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank T.B.Patriot
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here on the first night of my trip to visit my sister in Boston. I flew in on the red eye and landed super early. I showed up at the hotel really early and they were kind enough to let me check in. This was great because I was able to shower after a night on the plane. They gave me a room on the top floor which was great. The hotel is conveniently located at the Kendall/MIT T station so anywhere in the Boston area is a train ride away. For me the only downside is that there isn't a lot going on in the neighborhood. There is plenty within walking distance. This may be good for some. I had a quiet good night sleep and would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Marriott beds and pillows are best in class. Clean, quiet room with well-functioning plumbing. Great location. Breakfast room service was always prompt, arriving at the start of the 15-minute requested window, even at the earliest time.

Check out the room furnishings upon arrival - my room had neither a safe nor a pull-out at the desk for a surface at keyboard level as is typical of Marriotts, but rooms on higher level floors had both according to my colleagues. When I inquired at reception and concierge about the desk, which was of importance to me, I was told, in a very friendly manner, no rooms in the hotel had them, even though they seemed to definitely know what I was talking about and stated they had seen them at other hotels in the chain.

Very helpful annotated local Cambridge map available at reception. You have to ask for it.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I usually stay at the Long Wharf while in Boston but since it was sold out, I took a chance on this hotel. I was certainly not disappointed! The customer service was amazing, every detail seemed to be thought of in advance and they actually made me feel like a valuable customer with a hand written note thanking me for my loyalty (I'm a Platinum member). I was pleasantly surprised by all of this and the view from my room of Boston and the Charles River was amazing! The room was large, the room service excellent and the floor to ceiling windows were excellent. I'd stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business