“Convenient location friendly staff”

Boston Marriott Cambridge
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oakland, California
“Convenient location friendly staff”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here on the first night of my trip to visit my sister in Boston. I flew in on the red eye and landed super early. I showed up at the hotel really early and they were kind enough to let me check in. This was great because I was able to shower after a night on the plane. They gave me a room on the top floor which was great. The hotel is conveniently located at the Kendall/MIT T station so anywhere in the Boston area is a train ride away. For me the only downside is that there isn't a lot going on in the neighborhood. There is plenty within walking distance. This may be good for some. I had a quiet good night sleep and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Marriott beds and pillows are best in class. Clean, quiet room with well-functioning plumbing. Great location. Breakfast room service was always prompt, arriving at the start of the 15-minute requested window, even at the earliest time.

Check out the room furnishings upon arrival - my room had neither a safe nor a pull-out at the desk for a surface at keyboard level as is typical of Marriotts, but rooms on higher level floors had both according to my colleagues. When I inquired at reception and concierge about the desk, which was of importance to me, I was told, in a very friendly manner, no rooms in the hotel had them, even though they seemed to definitely know what I was talking about and stated they had seen them at other hotels in the chain.

Very helpful annotated local Cambridge map available at reception. You have to ask for it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I usually stay at the Long Wharf while in Boston but since it was sold out, I took a chance on this hotel. I was certainly not disappointed! The customer service was amazing, every detail seemed to be thought of in advance and they actually made me feel like a valuable customer with a hand written note thanking me for my loyalty (I'm a Platinum member). I was pleasantly surprised by all of this and the view from my room of Boston and the Charles River was amazing! The room was large, the room service excellent and the floor to ceiling windows were excellent. I'd stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian M
bangladesh
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed as part of a multi national group attending a conference at Harvard University, who obtained a corporate rate. But it was still expensive. The room was fine apart from no safe, which was surprising. One problem was that twice in the middle of the night the fire alarm went off! This was apparently due to an adjoining property but I was on 20th floor so you can imagine running down all those stairs for a false alarm.
You may wonder why the four star rating. Quite simple, the staff. From the front desk through to the restaurant all of the staff were outstanding. My luggage was held up for three days (thank you TSA!) and the assistance I received was perfect.
The location is good right on the T underground train network.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Charles River.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great location close to everything. I was in town for a conference and was surprised at how spacious the rooms are. The beds were so comfortable I almost didn't want to get up. The staff was helpful and great assisting my colleagues and I getting around town. Would definitely stay
at this location again if my travels bring me back to this area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked two weeks advance, two couples in one room. The room was larger then I accepted, I have stayed in New York during previous vacations and the rooms were tiny there. I was pleasantly surprised upon opening the door. Our room was a normal hotel room nothing too fancy but it was clean and quiet. The beds were small (double sized) but comfy. I was very impressed with the cleanliness and the chambermaid handed use extra towels on arrival when she saw there was four of us, we didn't even have to ask. The hotel has parking 36 bucks a day ouch yes but in the end divided by two couples it didn't hurt to badly, our ford f150 crew cab would not fit in it so we had to park in another parking garage nearby it was the same price and literally a two minute walk no big deal. There is a Starbucks on main floor which was nice to have. The internet is free in the lobby. Only one of us used the pool and hot tub he said it did the trick after a long day of walking and it looked cool to him (stainless steel) but I did not lay eyes on it so I cannot say much about it. Now the biggest plus is the location of this hotel. You walk outside the lobby and the Kendal Station on the red line is across the street, this is awesome and super easy to get anywheres. The staff at the hotel that we encountered were all super nice and answered all our questions. Two of us went shopping at the galleria mall there is a shuttle that picks up people outside of hotel every two minutes ask about it at front desk. The mall has is large but not many out of the norm stores. Hope this helps anyone considering this place. I did not eat at the champions restaurant so I cannot comment on that.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Melissa B
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Typical hotel tower from the 80s, offers good value for your money. Four strong points to keep in mind: (1) located right above Kendall "T" (subway) station; that means you catch a subway at the airport (or at South Bay Train/Bus Station) and emerge right under the hotel, with no need even to cross a street; (2) 100 meters away from the bridge, that means if you're going to Boston, you just walk 5 minutes crossing a bridge and you're at top notch Beacon Hill, and with 5 more minutes you've reached the Public Park and historic area. Superlocation; (3) indoors pool, great in winter, w/kids, etc etc; (4) wi-fi w/good signal in the rooms at a reasonable cost.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family