“Good and Comfortable”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hyderabad, India
“Good and Comfortable”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Nice and well maintained property and right next to Kendall MIT Subway and there are many diners around to have a bite if you aren’t the one who want to spend too much for the food at the hotel.

Room is quite spacious; staff is very polite and spontaneous.

My only suggestion is you should stock up some disposable spoons and plates, as I bought an Ice Cream and the time I could get spoons in beautifully wrapped serviette it was too late my Ice Cream became a milk shake! It took 45 minutes plus and three repeated phone calls to have a spoon delivered in my room, not a pleasant experience.

Over all, it is a great property and ask for rooms facing Charles River as you can get stunning view of the river and Boston Skyline or else you will end in the rear facing nothing but a chimney emitting smoke.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Lincoln, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriends for an impromptu weekend birthday celebration. We reserved 2 adjoining rooms. I had an amazing weekend with my ladies traipsing around the city. We had oysters at Marliave & dinner in the north end, all within walking/T distance of the hotel. The rooms were impeccably clean and lovely. I never heard a peep from the neighbors, it was like our own private apartment. The beds were luscious as I have found all Marriott beds to be. I highly recommend this Marriott!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CambridgeMarriott, Manager at Boston Marriott Cambridge, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Boston Marriott Cambridge Hotel. I was very pleased to read your comments about the cleanliness of our hotel, the comfort of our beds and that you had an amazing weekend. Our location and service make us a very popular hotel in Cambridge and with the T being so close to us, getting around Boston is very easy. The hotel is an excellent option for weekend getaways and celebrations. Thank you again for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My corportate office is close to this Marriott and I have had to stay there several times in the last few years - much to my own peril. The beds at this Mariott are the MOST uncomfortable I have ever slep on. No mattress pad, nothing. Just a sheet on a worn out mattress. Every morning I woke up with the worst back ache after tossing and turning all night long becasue I could not get comfortable. I do not have this issue at other hotels in the area. They had the nerve to charge me $267.00. NEVER again!!! I have even filled out thier surveys that they send to thier Marriott Rewards partners to as,"How was your stay" giving them very clear feedback for which I have never heard a word back from ANYONE - not even the maid. I choose to take my business elsewhere in Cambridge and have directed my business associates to other hotels in the area. Sleep is too important to waste!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alan G
I was disappointed to read about your stay with us at the Boston Marriott Cambridge. I can understand your preference for a more firm mattress. I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience during the night and for not responding to the survey you sent to Marriott. I located your survey and will take the appropriate action to check the mattress and will review the issue with not having a mattress pad with our Housekeeping manager. Please be assured that this will be addressed in the appropriate manner.

As you mentioned, our hotel is very convenient to the local businesses in the Kendall Square area. Your patronage and loyalty to our brand is very important to us. I believe there is a solution to your concern and hope that you will give us an opportunity to regain your confidence. If you do decide to stay with us in the future, please contact me directly.

Missouri
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Boston Marriott Cambridge. It was not out of the ordinary, but was very nice nonetheless. The hotel was clean and had everything I needed. It was also very conveniently located. I liked the large windows in the guest rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about the cleanliness of our rooms and the view from the large windows in your room. We are fortunate to have these large windows in every guest room of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Sandown, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Location was fantastic. We stayed for a visit to a show at the House of Blues near Fenway on St. Patrick's Day. Staying in Cambridge was totally great, avoiding the craziness, but giving us some great pub visits at Tommy Doyles and The Druid within walking distance. We took a quick cab ride to the show and it was fantastic. I stood for about 4hrs in heels and the clean, comfortable room was so appreciated. Comfy beds we both were so surprised about and great pillows. All the staff morning and night were very enthusiastic and helpful. It made us wonder why we didn't come to visit Boston more often. In the morning, I was able to take the red line which is right outside the door to the parade area. Fantastic. Valet service was pleasant and quick. And, the front desk even charged my phone when I forgot the cable. And, the view of Boston is great from Cambridge on the 26th floor. Great visit. Thanks so much.

Room Tip: Get the river view and have the best view OF Boston. A stay on the 26th floor was fantastic. Room...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My best friend and I stayed at the Boston Marriott Cambridge this weekend (the night before St. Patrick's Day). It's located directly across the street from the Kendall Square/MIT stop on the Red Line which made getting there a breeze. We checked in very late (in the vicinity of 1am). I had wanted two double beds but since I waited until the last minute to book my room they only had kings left. I put in a request for either a rollaway or sofabed. The hotel staff was kind enough to have the sofabed already made when we got up to the room along with plenty of extra pillows, blankets, and towels. The room was lovely and immaculately clean and offered a beautiful view of the city across the river.

Every staff member we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. However, the one that stood out the most was the night auditor Yesenia. Despite the late hour she could not have been friendlier or more professional. Her outgoing attitude and genuinely caring demeanor made us feel welcome from the moment we stepped into the lobby. It's difficult to find people who are willing to work overnight and even more rare to find people that can manage to be pleasant during that shift. I hope the hotel's management staff realizes how fortunate they are to have an employee like Yesenia.

Overall the Boston Cambridge Marriott was a wonderful experience and I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Rockland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Staff just as friendly, room just as spotless, location hasn't changed (imagine that!) - still wicked convenient to MIT, Boston, etc....every request happily granted! Amazing rate (advance pay) included valet parking. Next time we're at MIT, I'm sure we'll be back again!

Room Tip: Floor to ceiling corner windows overlooking the Charles River - request a high floor for a spectacul...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family