“Towels worse than Motel 6”

Boston Marriott Cambridge
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Room didn't have shampoo or body lotion stocked. The towels were worse than Motel 6. Not sure what else housekeeping missed. Perhaps linens? There is rust by the bathroom door. This is a flagship Marriott, and its hard to believe that this is how badly they are carrying their brand. Just reinforced my decision to switch to SPG.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had not been to Boston in many years and at first was not sure where to stay.
Most hotels are very expensive. Even though I was treating my husband for a special birthday, there was a limit as to what I could spend.
I planned this trip back in January for a trip in October. It payed off, because we got a very good deal at this hotel.
The room we had was just wonderful, with a charming view of the Charles River.
Very clean and cozy.
We even had a probelm with the fridge, had help came almost immediately.
Service was very good and the concierge was helpful and always there.
The hotel is also right were the train station is, Kendall Square.
The in-house restaraunt, Champions, though not cheap, was wonderful with good service.
Great buffet for breakfast.
Overall, our stay in Boston was wonderful and it helps when you stay in a nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel twice and will likely stay again in April 2013. The hotel is very expensive but you will not find any hotel in Boston that isn't. The sell of this hotel is the upper level pool, the amazing views from every room with floor to ceiling windows hovering above the city below and the close proximity to the Kendall T Stop. The location means you can avoid all the horrendous traffic on the weekend by getting off the highway to arrive at this hotel with attached parking garage easily. The Kendal stop allows you to connect anywhere in the city with ease and is less crowded that other stops on the surrounding lines due to the area being mostly tech related. You are able to be in cool Cambridge, close to the heart of Boston without all the BS of Downtown traffic. The beds are amazingly comfortable and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. The buffet breakfast is great though expensive. Bring your appetite and eat your money's worth. Champions offers amazing burgers and great drinks. They have awesome high backed cushioned chairs with a view of the square perfect for people watching. With a Starbucks in the lobby, you really can't go wrong with this location. The only downfall was the poor internet connectivity for the cost.

Room Tip: Even if you do not book on the Charles River side, the views of the city are still expansive and gre...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was at Boston Marriott Cambridge on a Monday and Tuesday night for business. I pulled up to the valet around 430 pm and there was no staff to be found. I locked up the car and went inside and checked in quickly. The person at the desk found someone in a timly manner for the car valet. I went quickley to the room and found it overly "perfumed" and stuffy like someone was trying to cover something up, i looked around and found nothing strange. Couldnt detect any smokeing evidence so I let it go. Good thing my wife wasnt there because we would not have stayed in that room. Overall it was quite, some partie people around 2am on tues night but they were just getting in and the noise subsided quickly.

I have stayed at other Marriott properties in Boston and found them much more appealing,the Warf and the new renessance on the water are beautiful but if you have business or college visits in Cambridge this marriott is fine. Dont order the room service, plenty of good options a short walk away.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My fiancé and I stayed here for two nights over the weekend for our 3 year anniversary and had an amazing time! We had the executive suite on the 9th floor and loved the extra space and the comfortable feel. We got room service for dinner and it was delicious! I recommend the chicken quesadilla and buffalo wings. We had a very nice view of the Charles River, but would have liked a higher floor room for a panoramic view. The mini refridgerator was a nice touch, the beds were comfy, and the bathroom was spacious (with two sinks). The staff was also very nice. When a movie we rented wasn't coming in clear, they sent someone up right away and took off the charge for it. We had a great time here and would definitely come back again. My only complaint was that there were really loud pipes that were kind of annoying and it would have been nicer to have more room amenities. I believe we were told our room would have a wet bar, which it did not. But other than that it was an awesome room and we had a wonderful anniversary.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor and room amenities. Check your tv resolution too.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great hotel, very comfortable with a big room and great view of the cambridge side.

In front of Kendall station (line red) and very near the longfellow bridge and the cambridge side gallerie.

The have available wi-fi in the lobby but to have internet available in the room you must pay $12.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The service and room were fine, the furnishings attractive. I arrived after midnight and checked in efficiently (checkout was efficient too). I had a great view over the Charles. My group's rate was sold out, but the Marriott senior rate was almost as good. (Way too expensive on an absolute scale but reasonable for Cambridge.) The best part for me was that the hotel is almost on top of the Kendall T-station on the red line; outbound you can get to the station without getting wet; coming back you just need to cross the street. I asked for extra hangers, a bathrobe, and an extra blanket all of which arrived promptly. My one complaint is that the only pillows available are very plump and stiff; I did ask for others, but the "others" were overstuffed, too. I heard one guest complain about the same thing to the front desk. Some competitors do a better job of providing pillow options.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends