“A lot of hidden cost.”

Boston Marriott Cambridge
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Cambridge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Got a good rate on line but when we got to the hotel. Weird things were not included in the quoted price. Like Internet and parking this added an other 40 dollars to our bill. Also I had to fight for the quoted price as they tried to charge me more then the quoted price . I will not stay again for this reason.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Stepheno123

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Quite a classical comfortable luxurious hotel in Cambridge, close to MIT, a few blocks away from the bridge taking you to Boston downtown. Breakfast is fine, as well as the restaurant and bar. Rooms are large and well furnished. The unique thing is the great view over Charles River, the buildings from Boston and Beacon Hill. Metro is just in front of the hotel door, and takes you to all directions downtown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Knar-NP
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Easy to get to, well appointed rooms and a convenient location. Small lobby, as is common in such a dense area. I appreciated the excellent service, which allowed me to get in and out in a flash. I did not try the restaurant or other extras - just a quick business trip where the Marriott familiarity was welcome.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Arriving at Logan Airport, we took the T’s Silver Line, for free, to South Station, then the Red Line to Kendall. We walked up the stairs, and we were conveniently in front of the doors of the Marriott ! Free, and door-to-door about 40 minutes. Our room had a corner window, with a nice view, and it looks like the hotel is designed for all or almost all of the rooms to have that. The multiple pillow selection is nice, as is the soft comforter. The bathroom has the sink area separate from the shower/toilet, which I like. The sports bar is fun, and has a good selection of wine too. The plaza in front of the entrance has bricks embedded with names and quotes from their "Entrepreneur Walk Of Fame", like Steve Jobs, and Bill Gates. Overall beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bluemermaid25
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here as part of a wedding block for a friend's wedding. The hotel is conveniently next to the red line for the subway and near lots of restaurants. There is a starbucks inside that is open from around 7am-7pm/8pm. Check in was quick and easy when we arrived around 2pm. The wedding we attended was not walkable or near a subway line, but there were a line of taxis outside the hotel. The only problem we really ran into during our trip was that the Marriott Courtyard is so close by we mistakened the two and parked at the wrong garage. Otherwise rooms were clean and nicely decorated.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel has been and continues to be my favorite Boston hotel.

The location is perfect. The hotel is in the middle of Kendall Square, steps away from the Red Line Kendall/MIT stop and the Charles River.

Check-in was great as always. The clerk immediately recognized my Marriott Gold Elite status and placed me on the concierge level.

The room was great. As usual, I was given one with a view of the Charles River. The sofa and bed were comfortable, the bathroom was immaculate, and the TV had plenty of channels. The concierge level is always amazingly quiet. On this trip I did experience a small issue in the room which management addressed swiftly. I was not surprised--the level of service at this property is fantastic.

The hotel's lobby is a great place to hang out. There's a bar, Starbucks, and a great seating area.

As usual, I had a few meals at Champions. The sports bar concept actually works well. For dinner it was very lively (and packed). The breakfast buffet was bountiful. I should mention that the restaurant staff was, as always, exceptionally courteous and accommodating.

Again, this was a great stay. I'll be back in a few weeks!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank irishbrahmin
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have visited MIT many times on business, staying at 5 different hotels, several of them multiple times. The Marriott has a very convenient location, so despite some bad experiences on prior visits, I returned. This time everything went well. As a frequent business traveler, the only thing I could find to complain about was that service in the lobby bar was slow, because there was only one bartender. He suggested that we shift to the adjacent Champion bar or come back in a few minutes. We chose to wait.

There is a Starbucks in the lobby, which is well staffed and fast.

I did not have room service this visit, but instead chose to eat at Legal Seafoods just down the block.

Room Tip: At this hotel, I have a strong preference for a room on a lower floor, because at rush hours in a pa...