“Never had Taiwanese Cuisine before”

MuLan Taiwanese Restaurant
Ranked #214 of 671 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family was served well. Big bowls of lovely vegetables. We had Lo Mein, Bitter Melon and Salty Egg, and it was great. Something new to try. We had Sweet Potato Flour dipped Chicken Strips. WOW.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I went to the Waltham MuLan several times. Their food was pretty good... authentic Chinese food. The dumplings are probably their best dish. It's a good restaurant to go to if you're looking for authentic Chinese in Waltham. However, there are much better places in Chinatown.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Since it was a very busy night when we entered the restaurant, the female manager came to take our order. One of the dishes we ordered was #129, “Chinese Squash with Mountain Nagaimo and Bamboo”. When we saw the dish, it missed one of the most important ingredients. The waitress said the chef must have forgotten it and then broght the dish back to the kitchen to add the ingredient. Soon she brought the same dish back to our table and said they were out of that ingredient. I asked, “How much do you charge for this partial dish?” She went to ask the manager at the counter. The manager gave her a long lecture, but we couldn’t hear it because our table was too far. This waitress came back and said, “You can cancel this dish.” None of them offered any apology. The arrogance was very clear.

By the way, this place’s noise level is unbearable. We’ll not go there again.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Food was good, but too much MSG. Although known as organic restaurant, they used more MSG than any other place. Prices were very reasonable service was friendly and good.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

This restaurant also opened in Waltham near Brandeis University recently. I agree that it is authentic, which is why it is always crowded with Chinese people. However, I went there yesterday (the Waltham one), and since there were too many people, the waiters and waitress were not able to take care of all customers. While we were eating, they looked like that they really wanted us to leave as soon as possible. Before we finished eating, they threw the bill on our table and took the dishes plate away. I was shocked. This is so inappopriate. Since then I swear that I would never go there anymore. Another problem is that it is way too noisy there. Anyway, I had more than once very unpleasant experience in Mulan.

1  Thank GraceWang928