“Great Iced Drinks”
Review of 1369 Coffee House

1369 Coffee House
Ranked #18 of 50 Coffee & Tea in Cambridge
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Full disclosure: My daughter works at 1369.

That having been said, she took us to 1369 and I expected an average coffee house. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness of the staff (okay, they knew we were her parents), but not just to us, but to all of the customers. I had a really well-made iced latte and then an iced peppermit tea the following day. Very pleased.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

The two positive points about this place are: the coffee is very good & the tables are nice if you want to read a book or work. That could be enough for most of the clients. The negative points are: it's a self-service like in a fast food restaurant; the Wifi connexion is not free; it seems that the staff is unable to offer even the beginning of a smile with the coffee (maybe that was a bad day). In conclusion, very good coffee, but poor service and an atmosphere that is not so cool nor friendly. They should work on the zen attitude, the coffee would taste even better.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stopped into 1369 Coffee house during a recent trip to Cambridge. Has a quaint atmosphere with friendly service and a number of tables to relax and enjoy your coffee. I tried the Mexican Chocolate with Raspberry, which I have to admit was a little much as a concept, the Mexican chocolate just seemed too strong for me. Nonetheless, 1369 seemed like a nice coffee shop in the anti-Starbucks mold, and I would certainly return.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We drove around Cambridge for hours looking for a coffee house that wasn't a chain when we stumbled upon the 1369. The place is small, maybe 20 tables? And they are cash only (ATM is across the street). Street parking is available and there is a pay parking lot behind the restaurant.

They have a very nice variety of teas and coffee, mostly exotic which is a nice change from the ordinary. On this particular night, one of us ordered a unsweetened hot Chai but they only offer the pre-sweetened kind. But, the Barista came up with a delightful blend of teas that he steeped and it was spot on! Points for creativity! You'll pay a little extra for what they have, but it's worth it.

The bakery goods looked amazing, though we didn't have any.

Definitely a place to stop in Cambridge for an after dinner coffee or tea.

1  Thank khoward67
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The drinks and food here is only average. They only take cash and the seating is a bit too close for comfort. They charge for internet access. It's not a bad place, but as an avid cafe user, I was pretty underwhelmed. I go here because it is one of the surprisingly few local cafe's in Central Square.