“Incredible place”

Ranked #1 of 20 Cambridge B&B and Inns
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Incredible place”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My partner and I just stayed here for 3 days and we had the most incredible time!! We stayed in room 7 and loved it. The Inn is so incredibly beautiful and very historic in nature. We also chose this place because it provided free parking.

Right when you walk into the Inn you can feel the Cambridge charm. It is so lovely. It has a beautiful patio and is very peaceful inside. We loved the breakfast in the morning and really enjoyed the tea in the afternoon. The staff are so kind. The rooms are also incredibly adorable!!! We felt so comfortable. It is very clean.

Another perk is that this Inn is only 5 minutes away from Porter Square T Stop. We were able to get to everywhere we needed to go. We can't wait to come again.

Room Tip: We had room 7. It comes with a refridgerator, microwave, big closet, king bed, and a lovely bathroom...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have stayed at this inn many times over the last 7 months and each time the level of service has been excellent. Each room is very clean and decorated with charming bed accessories and lovely color schemes while keeping in the historical period of the inn. The top sheet is always separately tucked in so when you undo the bed covers, the bottom sheet stays in place. You do not always see that these days even in the larger highly ranked hotel chains. Also, the bathrooms are equipped with hair dryer and lovely substantial size soaps, not the tiny thin bars that fall out of your hand in other hotels. Each room is comfortable and quiet and you can open a window if you want fresh air. The breakfast is always tasty, wholesome, with a pretty presentation and service is timely and pleasant. On chily mornings and evenings there is usually a fire going in the smokeless fireplace (the workers know how to build and maintain the fire properly). Evening tea always offers special treats. Staff is accomodating even if I arrive late at night. Neighborhood is great for evening or morning walks.

Room Tip: Each room has it's own charm. Ask for a different room each time you stay.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary R
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at Mary Prentiss last week. I found it on the internet and by chance it turned out to be an incredible place. I loved: 1) how close it is to Harvard and Porter Squares and public transportation 2) the atmosphere of the inn (reminded me of my childhood!) 3) the INCREDIBLE breakfasts! 4) how quiet and peaceful the place is 5) cookies and tea in the afternoon, and 6) the staff who bent over backwards to accommodate me when my flight out of Kathmandu was delayed a day; they also made me feel at home. I can't think of a more memorable stay at any hotel I've stayed anywhere in the world. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 13 which had a loft and a sofa/bed. A colleague stayed in room 18 I believe and he...
1 Thank Kirk D
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have stayed at the Mary Prentiss twice and enjoyed it thoroughly both times. This quiet, low-key, and absolutely charming house has several beautiful rooms, ranging in size and price. This time I was in a second floor room with a fireplace, a poster bed, and windows that I was able to open up and let in an early spring breeze. A hearty breakfast is served in a lovely dining room, and best of all, a mid-afternoon "tea" of homemade cookies and coffee is set up each day, to be enjoyed in the dining room or taken out. The staff is friendly, the place is tidy and clean--a sweet spot for couples or for the solo woman traveler--within easy walking distance to Harvard Square.

Room Tip: Upstairs is especially nice, but you have to be able to carry your luggage up the winding staircase.
1 Thank volta464
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A wonderful oasis. Tried it recently during a conference hosted by MIT. Easy access to subway/commuter rail network, meant the place proved convenient. The wonderful decor, great meal, architectural details carefully conserved in the restoration, and fine staff, made my stay exceptional.

2 Thank JM20111120
NY
Reviewed March 29, 2013

While looking for a place to stay during our visit to our daughter she suggested the Mary Prentice Inn.The location was a few blocks from her apartment. What a pleasant surprise!
The staff was most efficient and helpful.The afternoon tea was a warm welcome .The daily breakfast were served fast and the food was wonderful. The rooms while being very modern ,still kept the 1843 feel as would be expected in a place with this much history and charm.
We would definitely recommend the Mary Prentice Inn to anyone. We especially enjoyed the wood burning fireplace.It was a nice touch to the wonderful overall experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank solemom
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Boston March 2013 despite the weather, when we visited our son who is studying at Harvard this year. The Mary Prentiss Inn had been recommended to us and it well exceeded our expectations. All the staff were as helpful and friendly as could be. The room was lovely and the bed extremely comfortable. Although it is a historic house, full of character, I was relieved to find that it was also very quiet. It felt like home from home. One can choose a full or continental breakfast, both delicious and different each day. The afternoon tea was most welcome. Shops and restaurants are a minutes walk away. (The nearby Tamarind restaurant has delicious soups.) It is a 5 minute walk to Porter on the underground system. Harvard Square is one stop along or a pleasant 20 minute walk from the Mary Prentiss Inn. Central Boston is 3 more stops on the underground. It's worth getting a 7 day pass for the underground so one can explore all of Boston. I loved doing the 'Freedom Walk'.The price was very fair. I would most definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Boston.

Room Tip: Our room upstairs was incredibly quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family