“A lovely dinner.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of T. W. Food

T. W. Food
Reserve with OpenTable
T. W. Food is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #114 of 623 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Concord Ave
Boston
“A lovely dinner.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Everything was just perfect with our dinner at the small intimate restaurant. Wait staff were excellent. Food was well prepared and delicious. Wine list was just the right size.
Will certainly go back again and try some other dishes.
The scrambled egg app was excellent, a must try.

• Visited May 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Very, very special place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've been fortunate enough to eat twice at T.W. Food in the past month or so, and I can't recommend it enough. The only thing I did wrong was waiting too long to come the first time!

This place is cozy and intimate, with a small kitchen that's partially open. They're making incredibly fresh, interesting food in there! Apparently the menu changes all the time based on what's fresh. Most recently, we were there for a Tuesday night wine dinner with a Greek theme. I ate smoked mackerel that had been smoked in-house that day, and it's really hard to think of when I've eaten better fish. Just fabulous. The wine pairings were really incredible too.

And the staff could not be friendlier or more accommodating. I called ahead a few days before we were there most recently to see if they could accommodate a severe food allergy I have-- with a set menu I just wanted to be absolutely sure it would be OK for me. They were amazing about it. It was no trouble at all to replace a course for me, and they helped me through the entire menu so that I ate just as well as my friends.

Seriously, you MUST check out T.W. Food! It's a true gem in an off-the-beaten-path area of Cambridge.

• Visited April 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Let's do it again . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We arrived cold but way before our reservation for brunch. The accommodating and friendly and relaxed staff worked us in. We ate GREAT FOOD* while we talked over the quiet yet enegized jazz band. Hope we get to come again soon.

*French toast with apples & maple syrup; scarlet turnip soup; lobster eggs Benedict; wonderful coffee.

New York
“Food fantastic. Ambience awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Looking for a delicious and intimate meal? This is the place to go. The Blue Hubbard soup with scallops appetizer was unbelievable. And the swordfish was superb. Love this place!

Guadalajara, Mexico
“Fantastic and innovative food, value for your money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I went to this restaurant with friends, after a long working day, and it was the most creative food ever. They have two chefs working in perfect coordination. There is an amazing tobacco ice cream as part of a fine dessert that I highly recommend. Another think I liked was their flexibility to prepare some disher with or without some ingredient, customizing the results per each of us. I liket it a lot. Good cellar.

• Visited December 2012