“Pricey drinks and so-so menu”
Review of Dante

Reserve with OpenTable
Dante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 659 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Green Line to Lechmere, Red Line to Kendall/MIT, or Orange Line to Community College
Description: Boston's beloved star chef Dante de Magistris presents classic Italian cuisine with a twist at his eponymous hot spot. Enjoy food that's playful yet familiar in a sophisticated space that evokes the serenity of the Mediterranean, featuring magnificent views of the Charles River and Boston's skyline. Serving lunch seasonally, and dinner, dante has a little something for everyone. Whether you're looking to sample the chef's latest creation or one of his classic fresh pastas, you're sure to discover an experience you won't soon forget! Boasting distinctive cocktails, an extensive wine list, seasonal patio dining, dante is the perfect spot to refresh your mind, restore your spirit, and reinvigorate your taste buds. "Best Upscale Italian, 2011" - Boston Magazine. O, The Oprah Magazine says: “one of Boston’s cool new restaurants” for it’s “airy, minimalist room with views of the Boston skyline and its superb cucina (haute cuisine, Italian style).
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dante is in the Royal Sonesta. The drinks are on the pricey side, even for a hotel bar. The menu is not your average bar fare, so be prepared to study it and don't expect bar snacks while you're reading it because they don't have any. The staff is attentive, however, so you will not be waiting forever until someone notices you're there.

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Nothing about our meal was extraordinary except the olive oil. Given the prices we expected more. Definitely wouldn't call it one of the top 50 restaurants in Boston.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were visiting our son in Boston and needed a place to eat on a Saturday night. I didn't start looking until Friday night and originally there were to be more of us. I found Dante and read the very good reviews. It was also near our hotel. Dante is an Italian restaurant named for its chef owner. It's located on the first floor on the Royal Sonesta Hotel in Cambridge. It's not a typical hotel restaurant. I was surprised that I could get a reservation especially because this was a very busy weekend in the Cambridge area. We were also surprised that not all the tables were full. The food was excellent. I had the fried risotto balls with mushrooms to start. They were wonderful. My son had a mini burger that he said was outstanding. I had a pasts for dinner that had pesto, green beans and pine nuts in it. It was delicious. My husband had a veal chop. He loved the sauce so much he sopped it up with bread which, by the way, was also very good. My son had some kind of steak which he thoroughly enjoyed. For dessert we had the chocolate espresso cake and the fried little balls of dough with four dipping sauces. All were eaten quickly. My son turned to me and said that I had done a good job picking the restaurant. What other compliment does a mom need! I don't understand why the restaurant wasn't completely booked. There were plenty of people there but not all the tables were full at the same time. My husband said it might be because it was in a hotel and people wouldn't think this type of restaurant would be in a hotel. Anyway, we all enjoyed our meal very much.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was high end Italian dining - menu choices were excellent. - breads delicious. The service was very good. Don't expect your average pasta/pizza at Dante - in fact I don't think Pizza was even on the menu.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I had dinner here for the first time this week and I have to give 5 stars for the service and especially the food. In my opinion, it was outstanding - one of the best dinners that I have had. There were 11 of us dining on the patio and it is the place to go for great food and perfect view on a nice summer evening.

We shared appetizers one of which was Pomodoro Brushetta. It was delicious and fresh tasting - it reminded me of Positano - it was that good. A shared Caprese Salad was also wonderful with perfectly ripe tomatoes and delicious mozzarella and olive oil. My entree was the tonno puttanesca. Two beautiful pieces of big eye tuna on an amazing puttanesca sauce. Crispy eggplant fries on top gave the whole dish a great texture. A side of fagiolini - blanched green beans with EVOO and mint were perfect with the entree.

A few of us had the tuna entree and others the chicken scaloppini, others the pasta. Everyone loved their entree. It is tough to try to please everyone, but on the night that I was there, Dante did!