“Irish pub in Cambridge”
Review of Plough and Stars

Plough and Stars
Ranked #181 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We read about this in the USA Today as one of the top 7 Irish pubs in the US. I think the person who wrote the article must have been from Cambridge. It was not a bad place but the food was not particularly Irish. I was looking for pub grub and they were still serving brunch at 2 pm. The Guinness I had was good. It is a very local pub with a few of the neighborhood drunks hanging out at the bar which made it interesting. If you are looking for a place that serves Guinness it's the place to go but not for Irish grub.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

But i wasn't the best. We didn't eat but we did drink and the beer prices where pretty expensive. Bartender was ok.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have a soft spot for the Plough. I live right up the street and I am lucky it's so close. It's a great little Irish bar with delicious food, drinks and live music. They have some great bands who come through to play. It's a cool place to discover new music/artists. It has a cozy, friendly, neighborhood hangout vibe. Try their brunch too on the weekends. Yumtastic. I love going here.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

The food in this small cozy pub was really good - not expensive or fancy, but interesting and tasty. We went back a second time in our short visit in this area.

1  Thank WhitehorseYukonJane
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Tried many of items they are known for: started with cocktails. Lemonade is awesome and peach tea is ok. Fried green tomatoes are probably the best we ever had but not sure we would order again since we would have preferred to save room in our stomach. Corn bread and biscuits are FABULOUS (bypass fried tomatoes for bread). I had shrimp & grits which I loved and I am very picky about grits (I normally won't eat them) but these were good. Husband had fried chicken and ordered corn instead of greens with his potatoes. He doesn't think he'd order the chicken again since he only thought it was only ok but he would defnitely order the corn again Barely had room but went ahead & tried peach cake which was ok .... Wished we would have tried pecan pie or watermelon sorbet or chocolate pretzel ice cream. And coffe was excellent.

1  Thank thymespice