“Excellent flavors”

Cuisines: American, Moroccan
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: We are located steps from the Central Square T and bus stops.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were invited to this restaurant to celebrate a college graduation. I had two appetizers that left me completely satisfied. The first was the scallop dish. I savored the special flavors and ate the scallops slowly. Also had a buttercup lettuce salad which was pleasing. My husband had a chicken dish which he found quite flavorful, and better than average.

Our meal was finished with a cherry dessert that was okay.

Excellent

1  Thank Jeanne G

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had dinner here with my daughter and son-in-law on a Sunday, not knowing that Rendezvous had a prix fixe menu. Not only were the 2-course dinners with dessert just $38, the choices were varied and beautifully prepared. No scrimping here! We ordered different items for each course, and all were delicious. My Moroccan chicken was a standout as was my daughter's pear crostata. The Central Square location may not be the most attractive, and there's nothing special about the restaurant decor, but the food is excellent..

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a very Cambridge type of place - casual and informal, and delivering great value, but with a serious commitment to creative, well prepared food. Located in what can only be called a funky street in the heart of Central Square, owner Steve Johnson and his crew have not lost a beat over the years. The kitchen still turns out delicious, well balanced plates with a global slant in their flavors and spices. On this visit, I was most impressed particularly with the very professional wait staff. Knowledgeable, courteous and just, well, very grown up without being at all haughty. Goes right to the top of my list of best places for quality and value in and around Boston.

3  Thank MahrtianWanderer
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had dinner here and really enjoyed the food. They used great quality ingredients and the sauces and ingredients were really well paired. I had the scallops for appetizer, skate fish for entree, and pear crostada for dessert. LOVED the scallops - it had a wonderful salsa verde on top of the scallops! This was my first time having skate fish and it was interesting. The dish was good, I'm just not sure if it's really my taste. The pear crostada was ok, but I wished the pear would have been fresher/sweeter. It didn't add much to the dessert. But, I'd want to go back and try different dishes.

The service was pretty good. Not super friendly, but professional. The decor was nothing memorable. And I've noticed that most of their guests are older - probably because they are more likely to afford this restaurant. So, this place isn't hip or trendy, but the food is delicious.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Dined at Rendezvous before a Central Square Theater performance, and another terrific meal! A tasty charcuterie plate preceded my grilled swordfish, braised artichoke and potato entree. Mrs. Gyr was delighted with a "Bollito misto" of winter vegetables over polenta, and the Bosc pear crostada dessert was the perfect coda. The chef made a personal visit to several tables, a very nice touch. Attentive service, great bistro bar and commendable wine list. We'll be back to Rendezvous, even if the theater is dark !