“Mixed feelings about the Middle East”

The Middle East Restaurant and Nightclub
Reviewed January 14, 2013

As a venue the Middle East is great.. Good acts, low ticket price... everyone wins. As a restaurant, I just don't like it very much.. food here has been really mediocre to poor on multiple occasions.

1  Thank techadventurer

Reviewed January 6, 2013

This restaurant has a Middle Eastern flare to it which is reasonably enjoyable and entertaining. Food is reasonable and overall experience is reasonable as well.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is a neighborhood stop for me, run by a wonderful family. I don't go for the music, just the ambiance where I can sit outside at their tables with my dog.
Say hello to Sonia for me

Reviewed May 4, 2012

In a very artsy area with shops. This restaurant has good prices and great food!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We went to Boston over St Paddy's weekend and Saturday night we went to dinner with about 12 of us total before the festivities. We wanted to end up in Cambridge for bar hopping so we stopped at Middle East which a friend of mine said wasn't bad. And that's true, it wasn't bad, but it was very far from great.
The food was "meh" as I said in the title and the atmosphere during dinner was hectic. Service was slow, though the waiter was very friendly and nice, and the band that was setting up to play later in the night was chatty and funny, as well. Normally great middle eastern food puts a smile on my face for days remembering to scrumptious-ness of it all, but that was severely lacking here. The hummus was runny; the pita looked right out of a bag & was cold; and the kebabs were bland. I'll definitely be on the hunt on my next trip to Boston to find another spot that can really impress.

1  Thank carolinestravels83