“Worth the Visit”

Cuisines: Greek, Middle Eastern
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We decided to find this restaurant after seeing a TV show about it prior to our trip to Boston. Husband had baked lamb and I had a chicken gyro. Food was delicious, lamb fell off the bone and my gyro was fresh and tasty. Went on a Tuesday evening and the place was bustling. Service was adequate but could have been faster; 3 servers on duty but one appeared to be working harder than two youngest, and we had to wait a while for our check, but that's only an issue for those in a hurry. Restaurant appeared clean, but very casual. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I ate at Greek Corner one night this week. This place has reliably good greek salad and chicken kabobs, or chicken gyros. I had a chicken gyros wrap for $6.50. The tzudiki [sp?] sauce is delicious. I have had the lemon chicken soup in the past and enjoyed it. The atmosphere is very casual and during peak times service is a bit slow. But I love this place and keep going back!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I came here with my family--we were staying in Cambridge on vacation, so it was handy. We ordered the gyros and they were good. But our appetizers were not inspired: the hummus was mushy and tasteless, the feta and olive plate was ordinary, and the pita bread was the flat, bland kind you can buy in any supermarket. I guess I was expecting something a little more inspired, after reading glowing reviews.

The staff was friendly and there was a good vibe of regular customers dropping by, so that was nice. If you just looking for affordable, hearty food, it's a decent choice.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Greek Corner restaurant is a comfortable, home-y place to eat.
We started with an egg-lemon soup with rice and chicken, it is very thick and has a wonderful soft citrus finish. Following we had the Saganaki - a Greek cheese that is topped with sambuca and lemon and then set on fire. Entertaining? I think so. The combination of flavors made this a truly wonderful appetizer.
I had the most incredible Gyro, the Traditional, the same one that Guy from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives had tried. The Traditional is a combination of seasoned ground beef and lamb that is covered in an absolutely mouth watering, lemon flavoured tsatziki (cucumber & yogurt) sauce. Piled into in a warm pita bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, parsley and the fantastic sauce, it is so unbelievably good! I raved the whole time I was eating it and I would honestly say it is one of the best things I have ever eaten.
I enjoyed the meal so much that I went back the next day and tried yet another of their gyros, the Corner Special; it was awesome, too. For $6.50 you can have a gyro with a ridiculous amount of meat, a true bargain.
It truly is a heavenly experience. 5 mmm's out of 5

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I love greek corner! I go here all the time. My favorite thing to order is the Corner's Special Gyro, it is so delicious and the yogurt sauce is the best I've ever had. I also love their appetizer sampler. The grape leaves are amazing. I bring all of my friends here and they quickly become regulars. The only problem is that it is a small venue and sometimes there is a wait or service can be slow if they are busy. But they are very accommodating and I've never had a bad meal there. I often eat a dinner and take a whole other meal to go because I love their food so much. (it still tastes good cold the next day!) I'm a college student so this is one of my favorite places to eat out because it is so good and it is inexpensive. And I've been going here since I was in high school and the quality of food has been consistent the whole time. I really recommend this place!