“Fun place, great vibe” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beat Brasserie

Beat Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Beat Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 623 Restaurants in Cambridge
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A bohemian American restaurant & bar in the heart of Harvard Square.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fun place, great vibe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

The funky decorations really make this place, it feels like you're eating dinner inside an Anthropologie. I came with a group to celebrate a friend's birthday and we all had a great time. Most of the party got variations of the Inca bowl and really liked it. I couldn't stomach paying $20+ for a 'healthy' entree, so I went for the burger, which was fantastic. We also got a dessert sampler to split, which was delicious as well.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Boston, Massachusetts
“hotel that's not a hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

really nice place, they have turned an otherwise unremarkable large basement to good restaurant use by adding some kindof kooky decorations and by having hipster servers and some (very good) live jazz music.
Food was quite good, we had a large group which they handled efficiently. We had a "family style" starter (=in the US this is where they bring plates of food for people to share) and then a chicken milanese (too big, common theme in the US).
Bar area also quite nice for after work in the Cambridge area (this is on Harvard Square)

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cheshire
“You won't be disappointed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I made a reservation here on a whim. After thumbing through tons of reviews and Webpages, I took the chance. It was our 1 and only Sunday in Boston and I wanted it to be special and perfect. A bad meal can put a damper on any trip. I'm so happy with choosing The Beat Hotel! It was Hip, Artsy & Inviting. Jazz filled the air at just the right decibel. Even the lighting was perfect. The food was delicious and cooked perfectly. Bold flavors paired with comfort food. I had the Spiral Ham with mashed and Peas. My boyfriend had the Eggs Benedict. The meals were scrumptious and generously proportioned. Bloody Mary's with just the right amount spice. It was such a great experience and we really loved everything about Beat Hotel. Price was average for a brunch ($35). Waitstaff was friendly and provided just the right service. We can't stop talking about how great this place is! You have to try this place!

Cambridge, Massachusetts
“A great night out (if you don't mind the prices)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

The experience:
Unlike the first time I came for drinks, there was zero friction with the people managing the floor. The place was packed and lively, the live music was great, and didn't overpower our conversation, the waiter was very helpful, personable and very efficient. The cocktails were superb (I recommend granny takes a trip if you like rye), the people supporting the waiter, who checked in on drinks etc. were also great (especially the big guy wearing the secret service earpiece) .

The food
The food was much better than I expected; our table sampled salmon tartare, grilled octopus, crispy tuna rolls, the house salad, mussels, the steak, truffled deviled egg etc. and everything was delicious and carefully prepared.

The prices
I eat out a lot at high end restaurants in the Boston area (Oleana, Cragie, Fairsted Kitchen, Rendezvous, Cuchi Cuchi, Central Kitchen, Blue Room etc.) and beyond, so clearly I don't have a problem paying top dollar for high quality food, drink and service. I do find it annoying though when a place offers no reasoable wine options. The bottles on the wine list start in the $70s and end upwards of $200. They have a nice selection of American wines on tap (I recommend the excellent Cabernet Franc they offer), but the least expensive 5oz glass of red works out to about $50 a bottle; the carafe size they offer doesn't provide a discount compared to the glass either. That's my only complaint, and it won't stop me from coming back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We tried this place for brunch on a late Saturday morning. It is a very hip kind of funky place that has a fun atmosphere. The food was very good, I had a grilled cheese with short rib that was really a short rib sandwich with cheese. It was very good but not a grilled cheese. One son had pancakes and the other an omelet and both were excellent and my wife had poached eggs with polenta and merguez sausage which was really tasty. Not sure of the hotel part of the name as there doesn't seem to be a hotel but loved the place!