“Nice Lebanese Lunch”
Review of Cafe Barada

Cafe Barada
Ranked #190 of 647 Restaurants in Cambridge
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Because of a flattering review recently in The Boston Globe, I was curious to try this restaurant. We had lunch on a sunny weekend afternoon and sat on the patio. Despite being on busy Mass Ave, it was relatively quiet and peaceful.

This is a family-operated restaurant and the enthusiasm for serving customers a quality meal is strong. Everyone was friendly, attentive, and helpful with suggestions and explanations and they all seemed genuinely grateful for our business.

The menu is quite large and offers a variety of meats, vegetables, and grains. There is a lunch menu which is a bargain and is a sub-set of the main menu. We had a a Chicken Shish Kebab sandwich and a Kafta Kebab plate. Both were nicely presented, filling, and delicious.

When we were there, the restaurant was not able to process credit card transactions but they had a prominent sign on the door alerting customers to the issue so we were not surprised. Luckily we had enough cash but there is an ATM on the next block.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We didn't know this was Lebanese until we walked in--nothing outside explains what's inside. We had lunch there, and there was a nice selection on the lunch menu. Kids and hubby and some simple wraps and I had some kind of lentil dish that was outstanding. The older gentleman (the owner?) interacted with us a lot and was very sweet. I just wish they made their own bread.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

The appetizer sampler has hummus, tabbouleh, baba ganoush, and lentils and is served with pitas. It is AMAZING! The falafel wrap is also great (I add hummus to it). Service is good and all around this place is a great find in North Cambridge.

It isn't cheap, I always am a little surprised at the bill but it is all homemade and fresh ingredients, the atmosphere may make give me the impression I should be spending less since it is so casual.

Take out is great. Cash only!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

My husband and I had sandwiches and an order of tabouli at Barada yesterday. He loved his shish kabob, but my kibby was a bit bland. I'm used to having it the way my family made it, stuffed with pine nuts and onions with a few more spices mixed in. Overall, the sandwich was OK with fresh lettuce and tomato as well as being quite large and filling. But I won't order the kibby again. Adding the tabouli to it definitely spiked up the flavor, since it was delicious, although again different from the tabouli we know from my family's recipes. The freshness of the lemon and the quality of the olive oil stood out. I would like to return for dinner some evening and try one of the meals.

Reviewed February 18, 2010

This little restaurant is a 5 minute walk from our place in North Cambridge. Great place. The falafel is fantastic. My fiance is in love with their lemon salad dressing. They recently had a fundraiser for the Red Cross in Haiti, in which they donated 15% of their profit that day. The place was packed, which was good to see. The guy that runs/owns the place is very nice, as well. And not a bad wine list, either.